Should I get an aftermarket flywheel? Exedy oe clutch - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Should I get an aftermarket flywheel? Exedy oe clutch

Just wonderig if I should get an oe exedy flywheel or a fidanza lightweight? Or just clean the stocker up? Car has 170k it's my new daily driver need a clutch, ordering in the next day. Completely stock car but will be preparing for a turbo soon
Duckmanparkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

stock flywheel run mine, just make sure to get it resurfaced. stock weight is great for a turbo setup, from what ive heard
Quote:
I want your whale penis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

If you are going to get a turbo setup on the car why not just get a clutch kit now that will handle your pwr goals?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpysbro View Post
stock flywheel run mine, just make sure to get it resurfaced. stock weight is great for a turbo setup, from what ive heard
Sounds good. More mone for some suspension parts.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
If you are going to get a turbo setup on the car why not just get a clutch kit now that will handle your pwr goals?
May be a few months for me to find parts and such as I will be piecing everything together and still gotta decide if I'm staying d or going b. Since ls motors are so cheap round my way. And I need the car to be driveable asap cat be putting all these miles I am on the vette.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

if u go aftermarket get a one piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I have an XTD stage two which i feel is garbage.... I drove a six puck with a sport pressure plate last night and it was super grabby and nice!!! I think if your gonna boost buy everythign to support that now.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
if u go aftermarket get a one piece.
AFAIK only one was ever made and no longer available, which is why I bought mine for $60 shipped NIB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

lightweight flywheel has a pretty good feel to it. the motor deffinitely revvs up faster. i say go for it if you have the cash
jamis33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I'd go stock personally i've always been told aftermarket makes you loose torque
but thats just me
TEDDy__ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

you lose some drivability with a lightwieght flywheel. just to take off you have to up your rpm's on take off or you can stall. stockers work just fine and you keep your gas mileage up since you wont be going up to 2000 rpms just to get going without stalling. exedy clutches work awesome. have one on my car and its butter smooth and holds plenty of power.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

All I have ever used is exedy. From what I see on eBay it says 90 00 civics Ll take the same clutch kit? WTF I thought some has different spline. I'm using a s40 p4a 98 ex trans and will be installing it soon with my current z6 so I
a bit confused on which Clutch kit to buy. But besides that my previous cars all had exedy clutch kits and I had great luck with them
91 Crx SI TGP
94 Accord DX Coupe H22 w/ LSD
96 Prelude VTEC NBP

Z6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

I've heard of turbo people with heavier flywheels(+11lb) spooling faster than lightweight setups. I've never had experience with or have seen data so it's just hearsay at this point.

For DD I'd say go with the Exedy just because it's lighter than stock yet heavier than the Fidanza; which makes it easier to drive. I'm running a Fidanza right now in the Civic; my brother was able to drive it fine but it is more "work" so to say to drive it smoothly.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in