Transmission Scatter Shield for D-series? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Default Transmission Scatter Shield for D-series?

Does anyone know of a transmission scatter shield for the D-series trannys? I've searched and only found b,k,h series shields. I know that the b-seres blankets work on the d-series, but I would rather have something like the golden eagle shield that looks good. Does anybody know of any? I would really appriciate it.
ZCHONDACRX91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Didn't Goautoworks have some of these a while back? Dunno if they had any for D's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you checked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....ZCHONDACRX91 is almost there....

They were for every series except D-series...WTF! Thanks for the fast response, know of any other ones?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

i would like to know the same thing

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
They were for every series except D-series...WTF! Thanks for the fast response, know of any other ones?
Ya just did some digging on their website and came up dry. Couldn't find anyplace else either...

You might tryin contacting Go autoworks just to see if they'd be interested in fabing you one up.

For that matter you may be able to grab a welder and some angle iron and make one for cheap-ish.

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Curious, it is cuz of the way you drive or the WHP that you think you'll need one?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Curious, it is cuz of the way you drive or the WHP that you think you'll need one?
its cuz he did a DIY 8lb flywheel like this guy

YouTube - CR X flywheel goes KABOOOOOOOOOM

Build thread and FS Thread soon to come

Should you buy a kit or piece one together???--->

98dxNooby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Noob Question: WTF are they for?!? Where do they go?!? and how do they work??

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
Noob Question: WTF are they for?!? Where do they go?!? and how do they work??
They go around where the tranny bolts up to the block. It's to protect if your flywheel or some shit shatters that it doesn't fuck your car off like that dude in the youtube video. Search B-series scattershields on google.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98dxNooby View Post
its cuz he did a DIY 8lb flywheel like this guy

YouTube - CR X flywheel goes KABOOOOOOOOOM
Holy crap is this what they prevent?

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 07-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
They go around where the tranny bolts up to the block. It's to protect if your flywheel or some shit shatters that it doesn't fuck your car off like that dude in the youtube video. Search B-series scattershields on google.
I did... ok cool. Ya i was looking at it like where does this go.... so it strength adder for your bell housing correct?

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

No it's a safety device(hence the "shield" part); prevents shrapnel from flying everywhere(not just from the car but also the track/spectators/driver) and IIRC drag strips require it for certain classes.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

covenant510 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to covenant510

covenant510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fbcfab

exospeed sells d-series blankets
fbcfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

You need one for anything faster than 11.99 on a 1/4 mile. I might just get the blanket, but I just spent hours making my transmission look so fresh I don't want to cover it up, and it's a little bit of a pain to install with everything in the car. I really don't want to make my own, because the tech inspectors wouldn't approve. There is alot of videos of the the flywheel and clutch exploding, but only happens if you have a stock or cheap ebay flywheel that is reving really high, like over 9K, or if you have a shit-load of power. If you get a SFI-certified flywheel and maybe some ARP flywheel bolts, and follow the limits of the flywheel and clutch this will never happen to you.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Damn... makes me wanna off my egay XTD stage 2 and my F-1 Flywheel......

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
Old 07-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCHONDACRX91 View Post
You need one for anything faster than 11.99 on a 1/4 mile.
i dont think so. might want to check up on that rule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliLegal View Post
Damn... makes me wanna off my egay XTD stage 2 and my F-1 Flywheel......

dont worry you will need to replace the clutch once u start making any decent power anyways. f1 and xtd are junk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

It's true NHRA rules are 11.99 or quicker, but if you just go on a testntune day they won't really look that hard. It's only if your track is really hard core or if you are at a NHRA event. Anyother time they don't look, they mostly look for rollcages, helmets, they usually won't look at the tranny. Here at Pacific raceways in WA, they are anal sometimes even during test n tune.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

NHRA:

Hot Rod class: All applications using a clutch must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

All Motor class: All FWD or transverse-mounted applications using a clutch and running quicker than 11.99 must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Street Stock: All cars using a clutch and running quicker than a 11.49 or faster than 135mph must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Sport FWD: All cars using a clutch and running quicker than a 11.49 or faster than 135mph must be equipped with a transmission blanket/shield.

Check with BOTI, IDRC and NDRA for exact rules for each class.

Most sanctioning bodies usually require Transmission Blanket/Shields for vehicles running quicker than 10.99 and/or 135mph.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

where'd you find that literature??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in