Put a new diff on it and got a whining noise - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost
Default Put a new diff on it and got a whining noise

this problem is on my dd 96 hatch

I put a diff on my tranny cause mine was damaged, but it has a strange whining noise, that gets louder and louder going fast.

On 1st gear the sound is soft, but on 4th and 5th gear is loud, on accel and descel.

but could be wrong ???

bad shimming on the diff, or maybe I put the wrong fd ring ???

I did not count the theets on the FD and shaft gear , I did not use the same fd ring.

And Im also still having the problem with the pedal , is too stiff, stiffer than my spec clutch on my drag car, and as soon as I release the pedal clutch from the floor about 1 or 2 " the the car jumps inmediatly, I change the cluch pump and same problem, did a purge on the systems and it works better for a few hours, then the problem is back.

Bad slave cilinder ??? bend fork release bearing ???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....

Another issue is that when I press the clutch pedal the idle goes from 900 to 500 rpms.

And rigth now I just found a fluid leak on the clutch rubber hose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Old 07-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

low on fluid? They arent the dogbone gears right? lol
forcdincivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

sorry just saw you only replaced the diff.
forcdincivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcdincivic View Post
low on fluid? They arent the dogbone gears right? lol
exactly it sounds like a dog box

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 07-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

what is the clearance between the shim and the diff hugo?

high pitched whine/squeal was resolved by shimming the diff to have .004 clearance on project lowball.

sounds like your clutch slave is done or the hydraulic line is done??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Odd that you get a 500 rpm drop when press press your clutch. Sounds like its binding or draggin on the flywheel.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

If that's the diff I got you then I know it was fine before it was pulled...so it's either a shim issue or a hydro issue. Maybe a CS bearing is walking out? I hope you tapped it back into place though.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
If that's the diff I got you then I know it was fine before it was pulled...so it's either a shim issue or a hydro issue. Maybe a CS bearing is walking out? I hope you tapped it back into place though.
Ill remove the tranny by the weekend, now the car is parked.

And I got a new clutch line

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 07-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

bump for some advice

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 07-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

sounds like wrong ring???

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

did you shim the diff hugo?

it must be done every time....
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
sounds like wrong ring???
yeah, need to ckeck that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
did you shim the diff hugo?

it must be done every time....
I did it, but not sure if I did it rigth,

Sucks not having time to work on this till the weekend

Thanks to my sponsors:

Old 07-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

hmm shoot for .004-.008" clearance
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in