Fastline vs gsr dual bend - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 lilryanadamse is learning the way of the Dlilryanadamse is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lilryanadamse Send a message via MSN to lilryanadamse
Default Fastline vs gsr dual bend

which do you guys prefer. is the fastline worth the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 bopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I love my FLP, so I think it's worth it, but I also spend $$$ to go race my car. Not sure I'd spend that much just to have a 'big stick' in a car that was really just a DD.

Never used the GSR dual bend - is it just the stock piece that came on the GSR tegs?

I would guess that the only big difference between the two would be the FLP puts the knob closer to your steering wheel. Other than that, throw should be close to the same between the two, probably equally strong, etc.

IIRC, the guys at Wicked Innovation will take a stock shifter and modify it to be closer to the wheel, and shorten the throw, for less $$$ than FLP - but you'll have to contact them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bopApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Never drove a FL but I do have a gsr dual bend. Works great for what I do, drag race.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 lilryanadamse is learning the way of the Dlilryanadamse is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopApocalypse View Post
I love my FLP, so I think it's worth it, but I also spend $$$ to go race my car. Not sure I'd spend that much just to have a 'big stick' in a car that was really just a DD.

Never used the GSR dual bend - is it just the stock piece that came on the GSR tegs?

I would guess that the only big difference between the two would be the FLP puts the knob closer to your steering wheel. Other than that, throw should be close to the same between the two, probably equally strong, etc.

IIRC, the guys at Wicked Innovation will take a stock shifter and modify it to be closer to the wheel, and shorten the throw, for less $$$ than FLP - but you'll have to contact them.
they say the gsr shifter is like a factory short shifter. i had never heard of that company. i didnt see where they modify factory shifters, but what they do to the linkage looks pretty cool. i might have to consider that down the road.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

RC does the linkage modification for less IIRC.

If you drag race there's really no point in the FLP since your hand will most likely stay on the shifter the whole time. But, if you want the shift knob closer, then of course FLP or any extended shifter would work well.
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2e2vin View Post
RC does the linkage modification for less IIRC.

If you drag race there's really no point in the FLP since your hand will most likely stay on the shifter the whole time. But, if you want the shift knob closer, then of course FLP or any extended shifter would work well.
who is rc
Old 06-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilryanadamse View Post
who is rc
are u serious

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

j/k.....no really tho.

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Quote:
who is rc
https://www.d-series.org/forums/d-ser...-now-sale.html
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

both retarded as shit unless your in a semi or actually gonna need this tall fucker

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Quote:
who is rc

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey89 View Post
are u serious
i was. but i remember now. they helped me with my f23 swap a few years back. i havent been in the honda seen in a while so just rc didnt ring any bells. had it been rcautoworks, i probably would i have remembered
Old 06-27-2010, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque

Rep Power: 21 Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!Tibby is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

i can turn a gsr and single into a fastline

ak riding shotgun literally

autox/ touge ej1
Built 12.5 d., ac, pic selects, itr sway, wide wheels, more bracing than a dentist office lol

09 Chevy 3500hd crew cab long bed 4x4 just because I felt like it
Tibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness

Careful with the fast line if you have large exhaust though. You could run into clearance issues

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadhman View Post
Careful with the fast line if you have large exhaust though. You could run into clearance issues
exactly. i love big shifters like that in a ef/d chassis but my 90 hatch si has a 3" exhaust so.... lol it's not gonna fit.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

gsr oem shiter ftw!!! have it with my y7 tranny love it lots. is higher,closer to your body and less effort to push shifter into gear.
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 shadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatnessshadhman is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by immajackuup View Post
gsr oem shiter ftw!!! have it with my y7 tranny love it lots. is higher,closer to your body and less effort to push shifter into gear.
Huh I had a skank2 dual bend.. was really nice but I blame it for my misshift so i sold that bitch.

Back to del sol stock

D16a6
Bullseye .50 .55a/r
21psi on 90octane(Meth fed)
My Completed Sol Build(not so completed anymore):

Song of the Week: MC Rise- This is Life
shadhman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 AM   #18 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

I personally LOVE my FLP shifter and feel is worth the cash but I've never driven anything with a GSR shifter so I can't really make a fair comparison.

FWIW, if you do end up getting the FLP shifter, don't get the skunk2 weighted knob. It's to heavy and makes the shifter feel weighted down as opposed to light...

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

here's my GS-R shifter with a Circut Hero shifter extension

installed

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 Alexf2003 is learning the way of the DAlexf2003 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Alexf2003

why would someone want a shifter that long?

1992 Honda Civic SI D16Z6
1992 Honda Civic CX D16Z6
Alexf2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in