Transmission problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Transmission problem

i just want to know that, is a S40 gear short ratio or long ratio?? and what about a S20? which one has shorter gears if installed in a d15b dual vtec with P2j ecu??
shezyworldsss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

what is the casting code by the fill plug?

S20 = 92-95 ALL
S40 = 96-00 ALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

where should i look for the code...where is the fill plug..??
i'll take picture of the transmission and then upload it, where do i have to look for the codes?? i only know its S40..

Old 06-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 CustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagleCustomY8 is fly like an eagle

above the pass side drive shaft close to the firewall, on the side of the case is a dime size circle , in that circle if it say Booo then you have a close ratio/ex trans , the others are the loooong geared dx/lx trans
CustomY8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomY8 View Post
above the pass side drive shaft close to the firewall, on the side of the case is a dime size circle , in that circle if it say Booo then you have a close ratio/ex trans , the others are the loooong geared dx/lx trans
unless he has a HX tranny, large bearing B000, but shitty 3.722 FD and crap ratios.

Work on my first on this week. I only paid $50 for it, mainly for the case as it was in great shape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Once you get used to the transmission changing gears smoothly, you will surely notice even the slightest change when the unit performs undesirably. Do not hesitate or wait for later, visit your mechanic as soon as possible and tell him of the change. It could be something very minor that can be solved immediately. Ignoring it may result in this small problem getting bigger and in turn involving more components. This in time can lead to major malfunctioning resulting in the requirement of a total overhaul. What could have been solved in a few dollars will now cost you a great deal more. This will also require precious time, so you will have to do without your car for a few days. Always be alert and wise. The moment you notice or feel something amiss, get professional advice immediately. This applies not only for your automatic vehicles transmission, but to absolutely any vehicle, and absolutely any component. Remember: Once you notice even the smallest of problems in your vehicle, get it solved immediately. The more you delay solving the problem, the deeper will the hole in your pocket get!

|
|
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2010, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

more useless spam.

Quote:
Old 07-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default i have pictures

sorry guys i was away for some time, internet was down in my area for a few days...
i was busy too in some other stuff so i couldnt get the pictures and upload them.. i have read the post replies and will check the codes in the morning.. for now i have some pictures so that you guys can identify something through the pictures...let me know what does these things mean which is written on various places on the engine...i have picture of the ECU too.
the pictures are of block rite above the exuast manifold, one picture is of the back side of the throttle body. P2j is written on both places...???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00002.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	24851   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00004.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	24852   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00006_1.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	24853   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00008.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	24854   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00018.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	24855  

Old 07-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default engine

pictures of the engine...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00052.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	24856  
Old 07-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

anybody....please tell me what does the EC means on the ECU and what does the P2j on block and throtle body means???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in