FINAL DRIVE...question. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default FINAL DRIVE...question.

I love the gas mileage I am getting with my cx w/ d15b7, but my input shaft bearing(ISB) is shot and don't have the know how to change it. I have an auto-x car which is a dx hatch and I was thinking about changing the trannys out but further research I found that the final drive part numbers are different.
dx: 41233-PL3-J00
cx: 41233-PL3-L00

I am guessing I need to change the ISB to keep my MPG the same huh?
nine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

WHAT are you trying to do?????

ISB does NOT effect the Final Drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I am wondering if I should go through the trouble of changing the ISB or should I switch my DX tranny to my CX (daily driver)?

In the long run it would be better just to change the ISB huh?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 HONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like BoratHONDA_HEROES smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Here you go.
Start reading or pay a shop to do it.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/trans...ng-change.html
Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDA_HEROES View Post
Here you go.
Start reading or pay a shop to do it.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/trans...ng-change.html
umm I googled and that link made me register to this site.
and I can do it doesn't seem to hard just time consuming. Can I drive around with the ISB broke or is it something I should fix right when I get my ISB and seal in the mail?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

guess no one can help me here either..
Old 06-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

without giving a clear idea on what you are wanting to do, no we can't help you.

Fix hurt tranny is a good thing. If you don't people like me end up with them for free to scrap parts out of. I'm back into double digits of scrap tranny from people who didn't listen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 04:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 s_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to alls_18 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s_18

First, do some real research into the ratios of each of your trannies.
From the looks of it, the DX tranny has ratios more suited towards quick accelleration than the CX does
(Bone knows everything there is to know about this, but the info is available online).

Then, decide which car you want to drive. If both, fix the broken tranny or get a new one.

s_18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in