Tranny noob needs help with obx lsd - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Tranny noob needs help with obx lsd

alright so i need help identifying which version obx lsd i just reicieved. it does not look like v2.5 or v3.0. i dont know if i just shim this one like any other lsd or not. i have no torn the tranny apart yet so i havent measured the factory diff. any help appreciated! thx here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6153936.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	24648   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6153937.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	24649   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6153938.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	344.4 KB
ID:	24650   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6153939.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	24651   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6153940.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	24652  

sohc_turbo4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

ALWAYS check shim.......ALWAYS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

thx bone. i will measure it this weekend and see how it goes

Old 07-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

that one it's the new version. i have the same one.
http://www.marcuccimotorsports.com/j...isassembly.pdf
Welcome to A.S. Raymond Asia
OBX Differential Washers
Civic EG :: View topic - 9200 OBX LSD v 3.0 disassembly pics (lots of em)
Old 07-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

that last link, look at the 4th pic, LOL!!!!!!!

Yeah, whoever named all these different versions should be strung up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

alright so i got the ring gear all torque down now and all speedo and diff bearings pressed in(thx to dan). now i put it back in the case and going to check shim tmrw. and if i dont need a shim i will have to go order a angular ball bearing for input shaft. mine was toast. any recommendations as to where to get it besideds local honda. they want $70 for one before 15% discount.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

How do you know you's is toast?????

Since it and angular bearing it will be sloppy. That is why the thrust washer by the ISB applies pressure to it.

Clean it out with carb or brake cleaner, blow dry with compressed air, add some oil, spin to spread it around, now spin it with the closed side of the bearing cage down, should be nice and smooth.

Yep, I though I had a bad one on a LS tranny and bought a new one, it was just as sloppy.

The bearing

91004-PL3-B03 BEARING, ANGULAR BALL (22X70X17.5) (NTN) List $ 60.78 Online $ 44.49

Honda Parts at HondaPartsDeals.com: Honda Accessory, Honda Car Parts, Honda Auto Parts, Honda Accord Parts

Quote:
Old 07-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

lol transzex since you must ask. i dropped the gears it hit the angular bearing and smashed the ground and bearing came apart. thx for the site bone. i just check it out with the rediculous price for shipping ($60 cheapest). ill just get it at local dealer should be no more than 70 anyway.
btw when i spin the lsd in case with just the ring gear i can see noticeable amount of runout. i dont think i have any tool to chk but from eye looks like 1 - 2mm at the ring gear. or does it do this because i dont have anything else holding it down??
Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

are you looking at the outer edge of the ring gear?????

Even OEM diffs will look like they have run out issues but once ring gear is bolt on all is fine.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)

ya man im looking at the outer edge of the ring gear and im comparing it to an edge on case while im spiinning
Old 07-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

thats not good.

i hope the LSD is alright.

you can put it in two blocks that are the same size and spin it and use a magnetic base/dial gauge from Princess auto to check for runout. its a straight forward process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

actually spinning it the second time its not bad. but everything is now back together sealed. i put the interlock bolt after i assembled the case, that wouldnt cause problem right? i shifted all the gears and works but a little tight i gues no lube? so before i slap it back on the motor. what kind of grease/lube should i use of the input shaft splines and release bearing? what else do i need to lube up? can i use the lube that act gave me with clutch kit?
Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

MoS2 will work. very sparingly on the input shaft.

as per Bone, interlock guide bolt is the first out, and the last in.

make sure its in neutral when you put it back in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

in neutral AND countershaft locked in.

I fixed a King Motorsports fuckup last week,

Quote:
Old 07-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

right one man thanks. i just put the tranny and engine together still got little bit on wiring to do but i should be tuned and ready in 2weeks hopefully but my new puppy is delaying me i gotta look after her when the gf is at work.... heres some pics on the progress anyway i posted in HT. 95 civic eg cx hatch turbo build 350-400whp - Honda-Tech
is there is anything wrong with the build please tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in