The zc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default The zc

what is the best performance tranny i can use that matches well with a jdm zc head swap? and what model civic/acura would i find it in?

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

new edelbrock mani coming soon.
ninjajp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

Im assuming you have a single cam? What motor/car/year do you have? Need a little more info.
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

I vote Ban hammer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle

the body is a 89-90 crx hf with special mods, for all i know it could be the original block with a vtec swap. the bottom is a sohc zc nonvtec. with a 93 vtec head.

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egwhite View Post
I vote Ban hammer
ban hammer? whos hammer? u lost me. You should be aware that im looking for LEGITIMATE answers!, keep the hating to a minimum please, thank you.

Last edited by ninjajp; 06-16-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjajp View Post
the body is a 89-90 crx hf with special mods, for all i know it could be the original block with a vtec swap. the bottom is a sohc zc nonvtec. with a 93 vtec head.

Ok that helped, theres no good tranny to go with just the head tho lol. But the one you want is a 88-91 Si tranny. Thats the best D series cable tranny.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cticknor666 View Post
Ok that helped, theres no good tranny to go with just the head tho lol. But the one you want is a 88-91 Si tranny. Thats the best D series cable tranny.
alrite, i just figured that since the configuration was LEGOED together that maybe there was a tranny other than the obvious one that could add some quicker gear shifting, i was hoping maybe you would say an acura or something. guess not. that'll work i guess 'preciate it.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
o, ok i see what u meant, no i meant the entire swap, lol, not just the head.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjajp View Post
what are the special mods? Do those include gay pink unicorns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
I differ.

Running a ZC tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I differ.

Running a ZC tranny.
Ok well you've got me there, but finding one is a lil rough lol
Old 06-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Talking

Quote:
the special modifications are on the cars BODY as previously stated, as in body work? wtf is up with the pink unicorns anyways? the question is about the tranny not a trannie. if you want to see pics got to either my profile or v gallery if you need "visual" clarification. smart guys can figure it out, it would be the car with the obvious "mods" done to the body.

An actual zc tranny? that IS gonna be tough to find, the one i have now im assuming is an a6 but i didnt buy the car from the guy who built it, just the guy he built it for. so for right now my best choice would be an si tranny. alrite thnx

Last edited by ninjajp; 06-16-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2

ppl talk shit on here....
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
It's a custom billet body.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 d16asfck is learning the way of the Dd16asfck is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to d16asfck

^ lulz w/ chekered plate on da floor

IRISH
BLOOD

HELLAFLUSH
hawt! but stupid.
just like blonds...

blah,blah,blah.......well fuck you

EG8
EJ1
d16asfck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

shocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the skyshocker911 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shocker911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
It's a custom billet body.
its got a body kit and duel exhaust i swear lol

add to the list
shocker911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

everyone here knows the ZChead is fucking garbage for NA or stock power, except for the cam

bigass combustion chamber FTL

ninja, stop being disrespectful and lighten the fuck up

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 scketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
everyone here knows the ZChead is fucking garbage for NA or stock power, except for the cam

bigass combustion chamber FTL
REALLY? I didn't know this... cuz I'm about to get a car with a zc swap in it... would you suggest switching to a different head like a z6 or d15b? Or keep it as is... keep in mind I'm going to boost it also...

Quote:
ninja, stop being disrespectful and lighten the fuck up
Yea man, you just gotta ignore the jerks and prove your not here to bs anyone or something... your questions seem to be legit to me, you just gotta lighten up some dude.

Who drives your life?

DOHC ZC POWERED 86 HATCH down but not out
Remember kids; professionals built the Titanic but amateurs built the ark
scketch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by scketch View Post
REALLY? I didn't know this... cuz I'm about to get a car with a zc swap in it... would you suggest switching to a different head like a z6 or d15b? Or keep it as is... keep in mind I'm going to boost it also...

Yea man, you just gotta ignore the jerks and prove your not here to bs anyone or something... your questions seem to be legit to me, you just gotta lighten up some dude.
a full ZC is fine

its the ZC head itself that required honda to throw terribly designed dome pistons to make decent compression.

if you want high compression in a ZC you will be running any D series head.

a head off a d15b2/7 or d16a6 is the closest thing to the sohc non-vtec ehad and its a nice compression increase

But if you are going boost, I think a Z6 or Y8 head will serve you best. If you go the cheap route of Vitara pistons, I would go with the d16y8 head since it has the smallest combustion chamber (makes up for the vitara super big dish)

but if you actually get real turbo aftermarket pistons, the Z6 head flows the best, and without any machinging, tehcnically should grab best POTENTIAL power.

Im no genius, so I might not be accurate. research will show youmuch better then I ever can!

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 scketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eaglescketch is fly like an eagle

Quote:
a full ZC is fine

its the ZC head itself that required honda to throw terribly designed dome pistons to make decent compression.

if you want high compression in a ZC you will be running any D series head.

a head off a d15b2/7 or d16a6 is the closest thing to the sohc non-vtec ehad and its a nice compression increase

But if you are going boost, I think a Z6 or Y8 head will serve you best. If you go the cheap route of Vitara pistons, I would go with the d16y8 head since it has the smallest combustion chamber (makes up for the vitara super big dish)

but if you actually get real turbo aftermarket pistons, the Z6 head flows the best, and without any machinging, tehcnically should grab best POTENTIAL power.

Im no genius, so I might not be accurate. research will show youmuch better then I ever can!
Yea, I haven't actually done any research on it yet because I haven't even driven this car yet and don't know how strong the motor is if I'll actually go through with boosting it. I just saw your comment and thought I would ask lol

I'm not planning on building the block/head either if I do, just a 57 trim on low boost and a good tune will be good since it'll still be my daily. That setup SHOULD spool at high rpm's leaving me not going into boost a lot daily driving it... correct me if my theory is wrong but that's the plan so far.

Thanks a lot for all the info and help man!

Sorry to thread jack ninja, proceed

Who drives your life?

DOHC ZC POWERED 86 HATCH down but not out
Remember kids; professionals built the Titanic but amateurs built the ark
scketch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in