d series transmission problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d series transmission problem

i have a 97 ex auto. my car has always ran great. the transmission randomly went out today. there werent any loud noises, i have no gears at all, when the car rolls there is a slight rubbing sound, tranny fluid isn't burnt. it had about 130k on it. im pretty good with a wrench but im not expert can someone help me?
civic_709 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

per PM, did the speedo still work?????

spit an axle is my guess.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

the speedo still works. but it grinds when i put it in park but is that cause the tranny is like spinning freely

Old 06-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

i checked the axles and i didn't notice anything wrong. but while on the lift it was in park and the wheels spun freely. so i don't know if it is the shift cable a solenoid, a bad pump or some thing with the transmission itself
Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

still voting axles.

Define the wheels spun freely.

I'll be honest, I'm fucking good. But even tonight I nipped an axle seal that caused a leak, first time in 10+ years.

Speedo working means the diff is getting power transfer, axles or diff pin is all that is left after that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

well how do i check if thats it
Old 06-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

when i had the car up it was in park and the wheels still spun like it was in neutral. put when i spun the right wheel it the axle it is attached to spun but th left wheel didnt. the left wheel would spin but didint turn the axle when it did.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Good you found the problem, now replace it.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2010, 05:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 kevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to allkevo1586 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

bone to the rescue... I get a kick out of you. Vague descriptions of the problem, then your like it must be this and you end up being right.

Haha, you're fucked! lol rep'ed

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

Quote:
side to side play should be less then 1"
Quote:
only if she is under 30 years old......

wait.........nevermind!
kevo1586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

but does that explain why the wheels spin in park
Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to solo_one87 Send a message via Yahoo to solo_one87

is it up in the air and you can spin it freely with your hand or is it in park and the cars on and it still spins?
solo_one87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in