Si tranny identication help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro
Default Si tranny identication help

ok guys for the longest time i thought i had a si tranny, i bought a si hatch a while back with a blown zc in it. so i took out the engine and kept the tranny. well today i had some free time and i went by the stuff people had said
what to look for to identify si tranny? - Honda-Tech

they said with 2 grooves on the mainshaft its a 90-91
they said 20splines got that
checked the size of the bearing it was 40mm got that
but when i put the trans in 1st gear and spinned the mainshaft with 10 full revolutions it lands passed the HF point. doesnt even come close to a 4.25 or even the dx final. its actually lands at about 3o clock. i really dont wana tear the trans apart to c if its a si final drive, wonder what final drive would cause it to land at that point?
Quote:
I want your whale penis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 08:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

b000 is an si tranny

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!

im an idiot lol i suck at bench shifting trannys haha been soo long, i had it in second instead of first, comes up at the right spot just like on the diagram. cool! got an si ima go get a zc engine today and hopefully put it in today with the si and out with the hf crap
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL

Old 06-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 bopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enoughbopApocalypse will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Sounds like you didn't actually get it into first, or didn't get 10 full revolutions, or ???

To calculate output revolutions:

Input Revolutions / (selected gear * final drive)

so, for stock trannies:
HF 10 / (3.25 * 2.95) = 1.04
DX 10 / (3.25*3.88 = .79
Si 10 / (3.25*4.25) = .72

If you look at the 'other' HF tranny (CA I think?) it's no help either:
10 / (3.25 * 3.25) = .95

To end up at 3:00 you'd need the output rotations to come out to xxx.25

And no, none of the aftermarket final drives would get you there either - 4.9 puts you at .62.

bopApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

ya the reason i ended up at 3:00 was because i was in second gear i think. i forgot its backwards when doing the bench shifting because when i thought i had it in 5th i was in reverse lol thanks though i found out it is in fact a si tranny. from a 90-91
Quote:
I want your whale penis

Old 06-10-2010, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

I'm pretty sure that SI trans came in small bearing cases as well, just most people want large bearing cases.

I picked up an SI swap that came out of a factory 91 SI, completely stock. Guy swapped in a B16 and I bought the swap off him. Got it home and looked at the stamp, sure shit it was a small bearing case. Threw it in anyways and drove it, RPMs fell right at 7300 @ 70mph...exactly like my SI did.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

covenant510 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to covenant510

the case should have a stamp under pl3/300 600 or 900 those as far as i know are si

covenant510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

lol that's my pic

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

ya mine is stamped PL3/9000. ya i measured it and it was 40mm so its the large bearing case. but i only got to use this tranny for one day driving the hatch home 3 years ago lol. hard to remember how well it shifted. seems to find all gears bench shifting it. although in 3rd gear it makes a weird noise, just have to see what happens this weekend when it goes in
Quote:
I want your whale penis

Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!

Rep Power: 32 Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Onatop is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Onatop Send a message via Yahoo to Onatop

well if you don't like it i'll go pick it up from you

Often replicated but never DUPLICATED & NEVER done like D&M Tuning
Onatop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
I'm pretty sure that SI trans came in small bearing cases as well, just most people want large bearing cases.

I picked up an SI swap that came out of a factory 91 SI, completely stock. Guy swapped in a B16 and I bought the swap off him. Got it home and looked at the stamp, sure shit it was a small bearing case. Threw it in anyways and drove it, RPMs fell right at 7300 @ 70mph...exactly like my SI did.
proof of this,

NO ONE has presented proof of a 4.25 FD Si case with 35mm diff yet, EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
proof of this,

NO ONE has presented proof of a 4.25 FD Si case with 35mm diff yet, EVER!
Only way to prove it is by taking it apart, which is not something I really care to do. I can try the spin test to make sure, but that's about as far as I want to go with it.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 06-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I just had a great idea but i'm high so i might be off, but...

wouldn't a factory 35mm cable si transmission explain the error in the Honda parts database? They made the parts list off of one of the odd ball 35mm si...

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

covenant510 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to covenant510

^^^^^^
88 maby?

covenant510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dirtydsi View Post
I just had a great idea but i'm high so i might be off, but...

wouldn't a factory 35mm cable si transmission explain the error in the Honda parts database? They made the parts list off of one of the odd ball 35mm si...
Quaife is who fucked it all up. They choose a 90-91 EX Sedan 5 speed to check LSD install, then listed the CRX/Civic as having same diff at 35mm. EX had 4.058 FD and 35mm setup, Civic/CRX Si had 40mm setup.

OBX and a few LSD makers copied the same info.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Quaife is who fucked it all up. They choose a 90-91 EX Sedan 5 speed to check LSD install, then listed the CRX/Civic as having same diff at 35mm. EX had 4.058 FD and 35mm setup, Civic/CRX Si had 40mm setup.

OBX and a few LSD makers copied the same info.
Do you know what the difference in final drives between the following part numbers?

41233-PL3-900
41233-PL3-A00

Is the A00 3.88 and the 900 4.25?

In the honda database I show that both could be in the 91 si tranny.
mrhongkongwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

90-91 database is not to be trusted.

Quote:
Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

well guys it is infact a si, at 70mph its at about 3200 rpms
Quote:
I want your whale penis

Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpysbro View Post
well guys it is infact a si, at 70mph its at about 3200 rpms
assuming your tach and speed are correct, it is a EX 4.058 FD

Si tranny is at about 3500 rpm @ 70 mph

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in