Hey bone. look here. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885
Default Hey bone. look here.

hey, since you dont recieve any pm's this is the only way to ask you..

how much moneys would you charge if i were to ship you my y8 tranny with a quaife lsd, and carbon 3/4 synchros to take a look at it, and get it right... it also has a new 3/4 shifter fork and new countershaft bearings. im tired of f*cking with it and i need a good tranny to mate to my block so i can finally go 10's... i believe it may need a new 3rd gear, and slider or a good used one...

OR a price if i were to ship you just my quaife, and the carbon synchros and the new countershaft bearings....

i got a couple quotes already for 600 bucks shipped to my door if i were to send my quaife out, and get a rebuilt transmission back... but im sure you can cut me a good deal. ive been dealing with transmission problems for a while now and its holding my car back, and im sure your aware of my problems because ive posted before..

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 TopmountGSR is learning the way of the DTopmountGSR is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Good luck with your trans issues, I've been there bud. It sucks soo bad to waste passes with miss'd shifts, or having to short shift a gear because its the only way you can hit it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KY's Fastest Honda's & Acura's
11.0 @ 138 - open diff, pump gas
Authorized eCtune Tuner
TopmountGSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

$600 to install your quaife into a different tranny sounds like a deal to me.

I've been so busy working on my own POS's that I haven't touched a transmission in several weeks.

$150-200 labor plus parts, about $125 in parts just for the LSD install alone. then 3rd gear if needed....as well as slider/hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano

ok, so i would give you my quaife, carbon synchros, and you will install them into a "rebuilt" y8 case that you have for 600..??

the quaife lsd already has new bearings, so those wouldnt have to be changed, and if you would like, i have 2 new countershaft bearings that i could send you also if that would save me any type of money... i will start tearing into the tranny most likely this saturday, and then get your information... is there any other way to contact you other then posting in this thread?

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!

Last edited by boostfreak0885; 06-10-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

can you give me a break down of what you will be replacing and doing...

ill send you the following...
quaife lsd with good bearings already on the lsd.
2 new countershaft bearings.
new 3/4th shifter fork
3/4th gear carbon synchros

i believe thats everything i have thats new.

i just hope it will hold up and go into gear smoothly.. but i guess hugo's tranny is holding up still that you built for him..

i was told that the tranny can be shimmed differently or something for race applications? wish you had some zc gears laying around or something.. maybe i will get a longer first gear, so 2nd gear wont be as long, if i can have the moneys together.

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I do get PM's, just not stupid ones, I delete those. Threads work as well.

The above price was on your tranny. Y8 trannys I try fit 92-95 sliders in them when I have extras to play with.

Why would you be tearing into the tranny before shipping it????

While I do have buildible cores here, I've been tending to my own fleet of cars, something I've neglected for too long, this it top priority until end of month. I freaking HOPE I'm done by then!

Fitting 5g 3-4 slider into a S40 case takes time. If I find access to a Bridgeport mill, it will take less time.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I do get PM's, just not stupid ones, I delete those. Threads work as well.

The above price was on your tranny. Y8 trannys I try fit 92-95 sliders in them when I have extras to play with.

Why would you be tearing into the tranny before shipping it????

While I do have buildible cores here, I've been tending to my own fleet of cars, something I've neglected for too long, this it top priority until end of month. I freaking HOPE I'm done by then!

Fitting 5g 3-4 slider into a S40 case takes time. If I find access to a Bridgeport mill, it will take less time.
you stated 600 was installing the quaife into a different tranny... which would mean that mine is not needed other than the quaife... at least thats how i took it....? if my transmission is going to need 3/4 slider and 3rd gear... that alone is around 200+ just in parts, so in that case its best to just send you the good parts i have, and not have to worry about shipping a transmission thats going to need 200+ just in the gear parts..

im serious about doing this, so what would be the total cost for me to ship those parts i listed in my other post to you and get a great shifting transmission back.... only reason i dont wanna really use a 92-95 tranny is because of the shift forks..

thanks again

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunnaD2ZBOY is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Boostfreak why not try a d2b setup and go 10s.
D2ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
i got a couple quotes already for 600 bucks shipped to my door if i were to send my quaife out, and get a rebuilt transmission back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
$600 to install your quaife into a different tranny sounds like a deal to me.
By that I meant if you have a quote from someone else for $600, go for it.

That is if they are up to our standards, Aquafina and me.

Personally, I don't see much tranny work in my plans until August, honestly. I haven't had a vacation, even just a good weekend in almost 4 years, time for me.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

the 600 dollar quote was from synchrotech transmission in california... they do dog boxes and everything, im sure you heard of them... but they will charge me another 100 if i dont send him a core.

so your not interested in building one at the moment...???

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

interested, yes.

Have time, not really.

PM Aquafina.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in