New tranny, New problem, Care to help? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578
Default New tranny, New problem, Care to help?

Now i have a real fucking problem. Picked up a tranny the other day got it all together, went for a drive, and above 20 or so if its under load it makes this clunking kinda noise...IDK how to explain it, sounds like the axles kinda, well i jack it up and put it in first and its wobblying hella bad, i hit the gas and the whole car is shaking like a mofo and when you look under it, it seems as the passenger side axle might be bent? It's not the same axle i've been using, it's the one i got from a friend on friday. I'm sorta leaning towards that being the issue, unless it can be a tranny issue? Anyone that might have ANY insight, feel free to chime in. Thanks a bunch

Edit: Tomorrow i'm gonna try to put in my old axle even though it has a torn boot and see if that solves the problem.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry

Last edited by Staypuff578; 05-31-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 creepingcharlie will become famous soon enoughcreepingcharlie will become famous soon enoughcreepingcharlie will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

If there is a chance that there is a bent axle that would be your wobble. Change that axle and see if that fixes it. If you find out that its not a axle pm i have a tranny fs. Don't know why it would cause a clunking noise but i have ran across stranger things.
creepingcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingcharlie View Post
If there is a chance that there is a bent axle that would be your wobble. Change that axle and see if that fixes it. If you find out that its not a axle pm i have a tranny fs. Don't know why it would cause a clunking noise but i have ran across stranger things.
I'm hoping it is, cause seriously i don't feel like taking this tranny that i JUST put in right back out.

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry

Old 05-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 creepingcharlie will become famous soon enoughcreepingcharlie will become famous soon enoughcreepingcharlie will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Yeah that would suck. Ive done it but thats a different story I dont like to talk about.
creepingcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingcharlie View Post
Yeah that would suck. Ive done it but thats a different story I dont like to talk about.
LOL, i have a few of those.

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 05-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Damn. Hope it isnt anything serious. If its the axle then thank goodness its just that but if no then damn CJ. hahaha. This just puts you in the hole where everyone just say go hydro lol
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo115 View Post
Damn. Hope it isnt anything serious. If its the axle then thank goodness its just that but if no then damn CJ. hahaha. This just puts you in the hole where everyone just say go hydro lol
I hope it is man, if not im selling the fucking car lol.

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 05-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

why the tranny swap????

reuse your old axle????

$1 on a wrong year axle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
why the tranny swap????

reuse your old axle????

$1 on a wrong year axle.
My other SI cable's diff shit on me.

Nope thats why i think it was the axle. I only changed the passenger side since it had a ripped boot.

I have an 88 hf crx, 91 db1 brakes/spindles, 98 d16y8 and wWAS using the axle for the y8 but i decided since i had a ripped boot id switch with one i got from a buddy. The one i got from him was out 92-95 civic cx, and the one i was running was out of a 98 civic. I really pray its the axle, if it is, ill give you that dollar bone lol

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 05-31-2010, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

AFAIK 92-00 axles are the same, you NEED a 88-91 axle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
AFAIK 92-00 axles are the same, you NEED a 88-91 axle.
Hmmmm.... I was running the 98 axle before this one and never had a problem

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 06-01-2010, 07:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

most likely the axle, from experience from my old ed's hit n run, wen i was taking her home, it made a clunking,chugging noise like an old style train. wen i tore into it, i found that the driver side axle was bent and was hitting the sub-frame. replaced it n it never made noise again

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

i have a 98 d16y8 with si cable trans and i run 91 civic axles dx,lx, si, it all matches.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

Swap axles

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

take the good boot on the bad axle and replace your ripped boot on the good axle.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
i have a 98 d16y8 with si cable trans and i run 91 civic axles dx,lx, si, it all matches.
I think i'm gonna grab some new axles then cause idk, i've been running the axle from the EJ8 this whole time. Damn cars lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosA View Post
Swap axles
fine! lol, in a bit, i'm still sore as shit from yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher View Post
take the good boot on the bad axle and replace your ripped boot on the good axle.
Sadly i never knew you could do that until recently, everytime one of my axle boots would rip i'd just go buy a new axle

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE

Rep Power: 20 Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!Bumpysbro is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bumpysbro

dont buy the aftermarket boots. i did that a long time ago and man what a fucking pain that was. to get the new boot on you gotta take off the CV joint to install the boot. just fyi
Quote:
I want your whale penis

I almost had you man....you almost had me? You never had me..You never had your car LOL
Bumpysbro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 09:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpysbro View Post
dont buy the aftermarket boots. i did that a long time ago and man what a fucking pain that was. to get the new boot on you gotta take off the CV joint to install the boot. just fyi
Oh lord, more shit i don't know how to do

I'm not gonna fuck with it then, unless you feel like making a road trip, that shit is goin in with a torn boot lol

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Old 06-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

JosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the skyJosA is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JosA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
fine! lol, in a bit, i'm still sore as shit from yesterday
Butt seks? LOL!!!!!!!!

<---

<--- For sick a$$ bolts!
JosA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosA View Post
Butt seks? LOL!!!!!!!!
Too much of it

That transmission fucked me up, so much blood lost lol

Quote:
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in