91 Civic Driver Side Axle Seal - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 91 Civic Driver Side Axle Seal

I tried to replace my axle seal tonight and I ordered part # 91205-PL3-B01, the I.D. is larger then what I took out. Does anyone have the correct part #? It's a 1991 Civic Si with the standard D16 in it.
mrhongkongwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 RhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

which side are you doing it on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RhapsodynMotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodynMotion View Post
which side are you doing it on?
Driver Side.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 RhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropesRhapsodynMotion is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Auto parts store: Honda Parts Unlimited

RhapsodynMotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 DemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to allDemoFly is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

RockAuto Parts Catalog
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodynMotion View Post
Auto parts store: Honda Parts Unlimited
Doesn't show or list driver side...wtf, that's part of the housing?

Last edited by DemoFly; 05-26-2010 at 12:18 AM.
DemoFly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 04:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhongkongwong View Post
I tried to replace my axle seal tonight and I ordered part # 91205-PL3-B01, the I.D. is larger then what I took out. Does anyone have the correct part #? It's a 1991 Civic Si with the standard D16 in it.
90-91 Si Honda parts database is messed up, order a seal for 92-95 drivers side.

Should be 91205-PL3-A01

B01 is for Wagon RTAWD and B series, 90-93.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
90-91 Si Honda parts database is messed up, order a seal for 92-95 drivers side.

Should be 91205-PL3-A01

B01 is for Wagon RTAWD and B series, 90-93.
sweet, the measurements seem to match up perfectly.

Is 91206-PL3-A01 the correct seal for the passenger side?
Old 05-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhongkongwong View Post
sweet, the measurements seem to match up perfectly.

Is 91206-PL3-A01 the correct seal for the passenger side?
correct

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local bearing supply house, bring the seal in with you and they sell you a new one for 3-4$ make sure to get a seal with both the axial, and radial wiper. (as a conventional seal usually has just a radial wiper)
usually the bearing supply house seal will be a little thinner...eg 6mm wide,,, vrs your stock seal at 8mm wide. This is not a problem, just be sure the face of the seal is flush with the cast boss on your transmission- when installing (I hand start make sure its square, then drive flush with a 2x2x1" thick block of wood), clean and apply oil to seal faces.......and your done.
Lotowork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotowork View Post
Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local bearing supply house, bring the seal in with you and they sell you a new one for 3-4$ make sure to get a seal with both the axial, and radial wiper. (as a conventional seal usually has just a radial wiper)
usually the bearing supply house seal will be a little thinner...eg 6mm wide,,, vrs your stock seal at 8mm wide. This is not a problem, just be sure the face of the seal is flush with the cast boss on your transmission- when installing (I hand start make sure its square, then drive flush with a 2x2x1" thick block of wood), clean and apply oil to seal faces.......and your done.
Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local dealership and get the correct part the first time, all the time.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post
Heres what I do anytime i take out a cv,,,,Go to your local dealership and get the correct part the first time, all the time.
But how can you get the correct part if the parts database is wrong????

Quote:
Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

part number 91205-PL3-B01 for left and 91206-PL3-A01 for right side.
found these parts numbers on World Pac, the company i work for orders parts through them for OEM replacements so they should be good numbers.
weaverofthemind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
But how can you get the correct part if the parts database is wrong????

Didn't have a problem last time I did this.

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

bones right, 5th gen dx axle seals.

had this very same issue on my second tranny swap on my 90 dx 4dr

pain in the nutsack

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverofthemind View Post
part number 91205-PL3-B01 for left and 91206-PL3-A01 for right side.
found these parts numbers on World Pac, the company i work for orders parts through them for OEM replacements so they should be good numbers.
91205-PL3-B01 is wrong number, they are just copying Honda's fuckup.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

bone, you should throw that info into one of your many tranny threads for sticky powah.

the honda dealership parts guy was flabbergasted that *GASP* hondas part numbers were wrong!!!

lol

Build what you have!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
bone, you should throw that info into one of your many tranny threads for sticky powah.

the honda dealership parts guy was flabbergasted that *GASP* hondas part numbers were wrong!!!

lol
I'll bet it is already in a sticky somewhere.....what we need, moar stickys

Quote:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
moar transzex stickys
fixed

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in