Does D15/D16 clutch & flywheel are the same? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 RadekSkylark is learning the way of the DRadekSkylark is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Does D15/D16 clutch & flywheel are the same?

Hallo everyone, I took a search, but couldnt fine positive anwser, maybe thats because I just woke up dont know

So, the question I have here is - does d15 and d16 clutches are the same size etc? can I bolt up d15 clutch to D16 and vice versa?

Cause, I'm feeling my stock clutch is worn out, I'm thinking of getting one from ebay - either Exedy OEM, or F1 stg3, stg3 cause its just 15$ more then stg2 and if someday I will want to sell it for some money, there will be a chance to sell it to some budget boost guy in my country Now I have d15b2/d16z6 mini me, but maybe someday I will build d16 and I want that clutch and flywheel to fit! ohh, and, does exedy/F1 clutch will bolt on stock flywheel?

So, how do you guys think, which would be better for my DD Mini Me application? and maybe some day D16...?

Ok, thank you for your time and replies.
RadekSkylark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Yknow i was going to make a smart ass remark like "Nope wont fit since the bolt pattern on the flywheels are different just like the size of the main journals are different." but you said thanks at the end so ill say yeah they work just fine they all interchange.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 cmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatnesscmgogo is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yes they are interchangeable, but as far as selling a used clutch... good luck, i personaly dont know anyone that would ever buy a used clutch. or flywheel. Its like buying used brake rotors and pads, one of those things your just better off getting new for the peace of mind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
cmgogo for gov. of California
Yeah... i'm THAT awesome
cmgogo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

It is based more on year, which I found out at an inconvenient time myself. I was using a 90+ engine so I had to source a 90+ pressure plate to fit the flywheel. I re-used my almost new 89 clutch for my swap. Looks like you're running newer stuff than me though so less headaches haha
Old 05-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

88/89 clutches are different from 90-00.

so as long as you stay within the guidelines of those two year breaks they interchange 100%.

in fact, you can run a D17 01-05 clutch on any 90-00 flywheel/motor. just the TOB wont work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in