Dones my tranny have lsd? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Dones my tranny have lsd?

ive had this car for a while but it had wheel hop and for that reason i couldnt launch and such well for some reason the wheel hop just went away when i tried to launch....since it went away i decided to do a burn out with my d-15b non-v

well when i did it it left BOTH TIRE MARKS ON THE GROUND...

does this mean my tranny is lsd?
i have the vid of when i did it if you guys wanna see....it shows the tire marks
!!Miguel!! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!Miguel!! View Post
ive had this car for a while but it had wheel hop and for that reason i couldnt launch and such well for some reason the wheel hop just went away when i tried to launch....since it went away i decided to do a burn out with my d-15b non-v

well when i did it it left BOTH TIRE MARKS ON THE GROUND...

does this mean my tranny is lsd?
i have the vid of when i did it if you guys wanna see....it shows the tire marks
Mine will sometimes leave both tire marks too if the ground isn't too grippy such as gas stations that have really smooth concrete where the pumps are.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

thats what i was thinking.....but where i did the burn out it was in a street road....
what are some ways in finding out if my tranny is lsd?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
CR-Vtakin

Rep Power: 48 Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Levi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Levi Send a message via MSN to Levi

Quote:
thats what i was thinking.....but where i did the burn out it was in a street road....
what are some ways in finding out if my tranny is lsd?
pop axles out of trans, look through differential. if there is a pin through it, NO LSD. If you can see all the way through and there is nothing obstructing the hole, then you have lsd.

Chances are you do not.

1996 Acura Integra LS Sedan

Laying Claim To My Own Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1996 Integra Project Car:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

^this

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Check for the model number on the tranny or pull an axle and look into the diff, if you see a pin it's an open diff. Or lift it up and try to turn one wheel, if the other goes the same direction it's a LSD, if it goes the opposite direction it's an open diff.

Pretty much guarantee you don't have an LSD though. My car with its open diff still burns both tires 90% of the time... In a straight line. Go around a corner though and it lights the inside tire on fire when I step on it.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Check for the model number on the tranny or pull an axle and look into the diff, if you see a pin it's an open diff. Or lift it up and try to turn one wheel, if the other goes the same direction it's a LSD, if it goes the opposite direction it's an open diff.

Pretty much guarantee you don't have an LSD though. My car with its open diff still burns both tires 90% of the time... In a straight line. Go around a corner though and it lights the inside tire on fire when I step on it.
ahh this sounds alot more eaiser lol ill check it right now and let you guys know....and yes the burn out was in a straight line......i had the e-brake on so it stood in the same place then i let off the e-brake
Old 05-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

okay i just lifted my car up and you guys are right haha its not lsd.....

i turned the tire but the other one did not even turn....
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!

Put it in gear and try again. Should have mentioned that.

Actually I guess it doesn't matter. If it had a limited slip both would have turned regardless of if it were in gear or not.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Put it in gear and try again. Should have mentioned that.
hahah lol ahh mann...lol okay ill go do it agin....
Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

do a burnout with the wheels turned.

chances are only one will spin.

and take video of it so we can watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

i just lifted it up put it first gear and yes both spined but in diff direction so i guess its not lsd thanks....

and heres the vid of that burnout i did....yes i know gay paint job and the door is black cause some idot back into me so i grabbed that one from the junk yard...

this was also my first burn out so dont be so harsh....
YouTube - 1991 honda ef burnout
Old 05-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pew Pew!

Rep Power: 23 Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!Sammo115 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sammo115

Thats a pretty nice hatch. LOL well at least I like it haha and nice burn out. Im sure I cant even do one that proper.
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....

wait, your hatch has LSD? can i have some?

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Dones my tranny have lsd?
Why don't you ask it? Most transsexuals not only push the bounds of sexuality, but experiment with drug use as well.
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 leemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcano
leemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcanoleemo559 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

^you always say some wierd stuff...
Old 05-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 creepingcharlie will become famous soon enoughcreepingcharlie will become famous soon enoughcreepingcharlie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
i just lifted it up put it first gear and yes both spined but in diff direction so i guess its not lsd thanks....

and heres the vid of that burnout i did....yes i know gay paint job and the door is black cause some idot back into me so i grabbed that one from the junk yard...

this was also my first burn out so dont be so harsh....
YouTube - 1991 honda ef burnout
sweet. If thats your first you have it down.
Take a vid of you lanching.
creepingcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingcharlie View Post
sweet. If thats your first you have it down.
Take a vid of you lanching.
umm yea sure why not..; =]

i just have to wait till i get new tires these are gone already
Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 K5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enoughK5trailrunner will become famous soon enough

/\
I wounder why?? lol
K5trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2010, 10:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staypuff578 View Post
Mine will sometimes leave both tire marks too if the ground isn't too grippy such as gas stations that have really smooth concrete where the pumps are.
You do burnouts in gas stations?? thats the riceist thing ive ever heard!

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in