Gear-X suppliers? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Gear-X suppliers?

Anyone know a good distributor for Gear-X gears other than Password JDM?

Gear-X is supposed have 1st, 3rd and 5th gears for a close ratio set for the d-series trans. Sent Password JDM 2 separate emails trying to find out if their Gear-X kit on offer has all three gears or just 3rd and 5th. Got no response after 2 weeks. Called long distance to talk to Password JDM staff directly and they didn't even know which gears were in the set they're selling! They had to have me call back twice, and in the end they still couldn't figure out which gears were in their set, or even how many gears were in the set! - someone thought there were 6, it's a 5-speed box!

I would like to go with the Gear-X gears, but want to buy from a company that actually knows what it is selling.
drprofessional is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

K2e2vin It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to K2e2vin

Have you tried ordering it directly from them?
1992 Honda Accord LX coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K2e2vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

mfactory pm aquafina!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

Kiwi is a member here, he is a Gear-X dealer. and its my sponsor.

just sent a pm to Kiwi.

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

I need to call Jeff.......haven't talked to him since doing Hugo's tranny.

I do know the Gear-X special of free first gear with a FD purchase will end once the first gears are gone.

As posted on OCO

Quote:
Well Gentlemen, I'ts been a long time since this offer has generated any interest...
05/28/09 until now 05/10/10 Almost a year?
We still have a few of the GEAR-X 3.083 1st. gears available, but due to the lack of interest it is unlikely that we will bother doing another production run.
On June 1. 2010 or once stocks of the 3.083 gears are gone, we will withdraw this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the Mfactory kits as well, but thought I would go with Gear-X to support a kiwi-run business, especially someone from down in the deep south of the south island. I wouldn't mind hearing from "KIWI" about the availability of the d-series kit.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

^^ are you still in NZ or in the states? if in NZ flick me a PM and il give you the details for the NZ dealer, although he doesnt carry stock of the D series stuff he should be able to get it at similar prices to what kiwi is offering

Last edited by aazaa_EJ_NZ; 05-22-2010 at 03:32 PM.
aazaa_EJ_NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 OverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to allOverDrive418 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Inline4 has them:
Gear-X
OverDrive418 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Site only shows first gear and final drive available for d-series. I'll shoot them an email though. Cheers
Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by drprofessional View Post
Anyone know a good distributor for Gear-X gears other than Password JDM?

Gear-X is supposed have 1st, 3rd and 5th gears for a close ratio set for the d-series trans. Sent Password JDM 2 separate emails trying to find out if their Gear-X kit on offer has all three gears or just 3rd and 5th. Got no response after 2 weeks. Called long distance to talk to Password JDM staff directly and they didn't even know which gears were in the set they're selling! They had to have me call back twice, and in the end they still couldn't figure out which gears were in their set, or even how many gears were in the set! - someone thought there were 6, it's a 5-speed box!

I would like to go with the Gear-X gears, but want to buy from a company that actually knows what it is selling.
i ordered mine from Kiwi, and got the free first gear.
better hurry, offer ends 6/1/2010

Jeff responds promptly to his emails, [email protected]

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.

Last edited by buzzbomb; 05-25-2010 at 09:43 AM.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in