Tranny fluid change what is that little nipple? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Tranny fluid change what is that little nipple?

I just did a tranny fluid change and Im looking to where the best place to fill it would be.

On my d16z6 tranny I have a small round tube that sticks up about 3 inches coming out of the top of the tranny under the hood and it has a small black rubber boot with a 90 on it, it just pulls right off and exposes the hole for the tube. Can I fill through this??

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

16A Dudley Drive,
Roebuck, SC 29376
864-574-8588
Calister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

The little tube is about the diameter of a bic pen

16A Dudley Drive,
Roebuck, SC 29376
864-574-8588
Old 05-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

vent. will that a day to put fluid in through there.

It only sticks up about an inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

lol...good one

its not hard to get to the fill plug

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

lol well I just filled it thru the vent then took about 15 minutes lol had to pour a little bit and wait for it to drain down.

But this is ok right? Just wanna make sure before I take off for a test drive.

16A Dudley Drive,
Roebuck, SC 29376
864-574-8588
Old 05-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

How are you gonna check the fluid level?

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

I poured in 2 qts of Honda MTF and exactly 2 qts came out (I poured old stuff into the bottles I had bought)

16A Dudley Drive,
Roebuck, SC 29376
864-574-8588
Old 05-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Well bro, the correct amount that is supposed to be in there is only around 1.8/1.9 liters. Simple solution, throw a drop pan under the "fill plug" of the trans and remove the fill plug. As long as you are on a flat surface you will drain out the excess...so you'll then be left with the correct amount for the trans.

What effects might an over-filled trans have on the operation of the trans? Good question...maybe slower engagement?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

^make sure the fluids not hot

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to civicskata

LEVEL surface plus removed fill plug is all it takes. The tranny was empty before you filled it correct? I fill mine up through the speed sensor hole, got the longest funnel in my garage for this, no idea how or when i got it
civicskata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

slight overfill has no ill effects.

Dump in 2 quarts and go. I've never tried three quarts though.......

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in