Hi rev change gear problem....:((( - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Hi rev change gear problem....:(((

Hello
Im newbe on forum but you are my last chance
I`ve drag civic D16Z6 90 stock gearbox linkage clutch.
I`ve 500KM and 480Nm and want go more but I`ve problem with clutch
I use ACT HC4-XXR6
My problem
I can`t change gear at hi rev (above 6500rpm).
I use second gearbox no change....
I use 10w30 oil motul.
I have not idea.....

Please help
krzaki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 ricky bobby  is accepted as part of the communityricky bobby  is accepted as part of the communityricky bobby  is accepted as part of the communityricky bobby  is accepted as part of the community

can't change gear like push in clutch pedal and it won't disengage?
SCCA autox / #193 STC
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Now I make a little test
On idle I rev to 5krpm push the clutch and want try 3rd gear I can`t when rev little goes down gear engage.....

Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Check your mounts if you have the same problem with more than one gearbox.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I`ve stiff gearbox mount
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

try not pushing the clutch in all the way. you may have the wrong clutch setup or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

From what I read you have a 1990 trans...so adjust the cable some and see if that helps. Check you fluid level.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I have trans with final drive circa 4.2
I adjust cable not resolve....
Now I think about problem bearing in flywheel.....when I want use clutch main shaft from gearbox to flywheel not reduction speed to better engage gear....
Old 05-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

no offense,
but i just cant translate to what^that means

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 05-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 ricky bobby  is accepted as part of the communityricky bobby  is accepted as part of the communityricky bobby  is accepted as part of the communityricky bobby  is accepted as part of the community

methinks Engrish is not first language.
I still don't get the specifics of the problem either.

Pushing clutch pedal in and won't disengage the clutch? Is there fluid in the trans? Is there any noise like clunking or grinding?

help us...... help you......
SCCA autox / #193 STC
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

sorry for my english it not easy problem and not easy write...
problem
When I start on drag on second gear(for better start) and want change gear on third at 8.5krpm I push clutch pedal to the metal and want engage gear(use force ) and I can`t must wait when rev go down to circa 4krpm gear engage with grinding.....maybe easier understand
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Sounds like what he is saying is that at high revs the tranny won't go into third gear.

So I think it goes something like this ... runs out second to 8.5K and tries to shift into third but it won't go unless he lets the engine slow down to about 4K then it is able to shift into third.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

check the shifter linkage to make sure there isnt any slop, there is a nut on the bottom to tighten it up, i dont think this will help though, it sounds like you need to tear the trans apart and look at the syncros and probably more like the syncro hub thats bad. Try a different trans fluid or add some friction modifiers to if and see if that helps.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 dmindles is learning the way of the Ddmindles is learning the way of the D
Send a message via Yahoo to dmindles

I think he is saying he cant shift above 6500rpms and cannot start in 2nd gear either correct me if im wrong

96dx coupe
d16y7
ex tranny
cai
dnx header
stock exhaust
ngk spark plugs+5hp
skunk2 short shifter
type R shift knob+10hp
SI tail lights
SI spoiler
delsol rims
front lip unknown brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2HIFI
i like how it's a ek9 with a d series and automatic.
seriously kids just throwing that type r name around now a days .. it's like name dropping for a used car salesman
dmindles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Okay, sounds like a slow-engagement issue into 3rd gear. Normal issues : broken shift forks, bad or walked-out bearings, worn gear cone.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

exactly this is my problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoXCivic View Post
Sounds like what he is saying is that at high revs the tranny won't go into third gear.

So I think it goes something like this ... runs out second to 8.5K and tries to shift into third but it won't go unless he lets the engine slow down to about 4K then it is able to shift into third.
Tell me this clutch is good for my setup?
ACT HC4-XXR6

Last edited by krzaki; 05-11-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 d16asfck is learning the way of the Dd16asfck is learning the way of the D
Send a message via MSN to d16asfck

so you have a d16a6 ?

IRISH
BLOOD

HELLAFLUSH
hawt! but stupid.
just like blonds...

blah,blah,blah.......well fuck you

EG8
EJ1
d16asfck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

If the mounts, linkage, and clutch adjustment are good it could be the following:

Worn sleeve assemblies (hub/slider, dog teeth on gear, synchros), or shift forks

heavy clutch (if you're using a 6-puck, try a 4-puck. pressure plate should not be overly stiff)

worn bearings

possible CSB walkout, but this usually causes 2nd gear to pop out
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

OK
We can`t wait.....
Go to the hardcore.....
We make a hole in gearbox where we see clutch and disc and what we seen....
clutch work propely......when press pedal clutch depress disc....but now make a problem with disc.
Disc not slide instant from the flywheel.....it has delay.
I think it`s problem with surface on input shaft.

Please tell me when you install new disc you use lubrificant on input shaft to better move disc?

Last edited by krzaki; 05-12-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in