Crx Trans Rebuild Help Help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Transmission alley

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Crx Trans Rebuild Help Help

I need help on how to check the clearances on the mainshaft of a crx si trans.
The trans has all new bearings, yes everysingle one along with a obx lsd that is already properly shimmed. Has stock final drive and gears
kempwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Bearings should be machined to within .0005 of eachother. Shims shouldnt need to be changed.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Its a main shaft out of another transmission and that why I figured it needed to be. I use my honda manual to try and check clerances but the mainshaft sticks too far out. I need help

Old 05-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

what mainshaft you using?????

CRX Si tranny is too vague of info, what year is yours and what year is the mainshaft?

$1 guess, either you are using a 92+ mainshaft or a 88-89 mainshaft in a 90-91 and you kept the spacer washer by the mainshaft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

for one like bone said we need to know more details, tranny parts years and such, we also need to know what the issue is, are you trying to bolt the cases together and cant because the shaft binds when you bolt them together and have about a 3/16th gap between the cases?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

The cases and all the parts are out of a 90 or 91 si trans. I haven't bolted the cases together yet. I just want to measure the shim on the input shaft because Its not the original case that was with that input shaft. I just need to know how to measure it and i will post pictures.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempwagon View Post
The cases and all the parts are out of a 90 or 91 si trans. I haven't bolted the cases together yet. I just want to measure the shim on the input shaft because Its not the original case that was with that input shaft. I just need to know how to measure it and i will post pictures.
about 500 dollars worth of honda tools will let you measure it.

What year is the case?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Its a 90 case and I already measured the shim for the lsd and it was fine and I have all the tools I need. Has anyone ever done this before. I am sure someone has switched out an input shaft before. It needs to be measured
Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

You need OEM tools to measure it properly and accurately. Mainshaft collar, base and holder. They are expensive so its best to have someone with the tools shim it for you.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

My friend has all the tools just need a write up or something.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Factory Service manual is all you need.

I have MY ways around Aquafina's OEM ways, we shall meet and discuss this year if all goes right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

I got the factory service manual its confusing.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempwagon View Post
I got the factory service manual its confusing.
Then let someone else do the work.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

I got it figured out
Old 05-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

for me i measured my endplay with no spring washer/ washer on the mainshaft and then mic'ed the spring washer and washer plus the shim in the case.

I then subtracted the endplay that i got from the total shim ammount and thats what my preload is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in