Honda D Series Forum banner

Speedo cable problem :( help

702 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  pure90rex 
G
#1 ·
well today i start up my car and realize my speedo cable wasn't working. So i went and pushed in the cable in the tranny. Tried driving again, and no luck. So i start pulling out the speedo cable. To my amazement, i noticed that this long piece that's in the cable itself is stuck in the tranny. How do i get it out? grrrr this pissed me off. Here's a pic of what it looks like. Sorry for the crappy pic, it's off my phone.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea dude.... on the Tranny where the cable connects is a small 10mm bolt. That bolt secures a small flat thumbnails size piece of metal (don't lose it), which in turn secures the speedo gear assembly to the transmisson. If you take that 10mm bolt of the gear assmebly should pop out of the tranny casing with the cable connected to it. But that isn't the real bitch.... it's trying to get the little square shaped metal cable to go back into the speedo while reassembling!!! Have fun. BTW not having the speedo connected will trip your engine light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.