popped a virgin cherry this weekend - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default popped a virgin cherry this weekend

So I searched for months to find a completely virgin 96-00 Coupe, and finally found one. I paid $2300 for it, of an asking price of $2995. I figured I'd start off in the suspension department. I went with Skunk2 Upper control arms, and Skunk2 Camber kit in the rear, Tein Lowering springs, and TruHart sport shocks, Prothane Sway bar endlinks, Prothane Sway bar frame bushings, and Prothane Strut Mount bushings. While I was in there, I decided to go ahead and replace the 19yr old inner and outer tie rods and boots. Yeah I know, for all you brand snobs, why use TruHart, why use this/that etc.... Yes, TruHart is a lesser priced brand, however, if you actually talk to the reps, and look at the specs, they are basically rebranded Skunk2 shocks/struts. But anyway.. I also have to shoes for her as well... This could potentially be the start of a beautiful relationship.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cherryandAfter.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	125161   Click image for larger version

Name:	beforeandafter.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	125163   Click image for larger version

Name:	newshoes.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	125165   Click image for larger version

Name:	takingdelivery.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	125167   Click image for larger version

Name:	suspensiondone.jpeg
Views:	51
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	125169  

KustomARBuildr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2018, 08:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Forgot to add, the car rides a little stiffer than factory, and I have NO RUBBING issues front or rear, going over speed bumps, is not an issue, etc... it's like driving a stock civic, just sitting lower and more responsive in the corners. will update in a months ( prolly when someone here reminds me ) to post about longevity and any issues that may or may not come up in the future
Old 09-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Looks good so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

In the same boat you were , looking for a clean slate to start building.hard to find a 96-00 hatch without rust , faded paint and or a pre owned history of 10 16 yr olds having "modded" it.looks great , il keep an eye out on your future build
Pacificjoseph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

So, TEIN springs with TruHart shocks are nice for a daily driver. Firm but still comfy enough to drive everyday, but after accidentally hitting a couple bumps that were worse than they looked, I noticed the progressive rate springs were to soft to absorb the impacts and bottomed out causing rubbing inside the front fenders. This car will eventually be a weekend toy at best, so I decided to out the Lowering Springs and "sport" shocks, to a full coilover... Decided to go with Blox Competition Series full coilover. The 12k/front and 10k/rear spring rates should be tolerable for dallying for now, while still being stiff enough to not bottom out. I have several more upgrades to do also, will post more pics tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	125207  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Is it a 5 speed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Just letting you know, you need to swap the outer tie rods.

They are on backwards.

With wider wheels, you are probably safe. But stock steelies, would rub like crazy, for example if you blew a tire and needed a spare to run around town with.

EDIT wider tires with a smaller offset, that is. Close to stock offset may induce rubbing at tight turns. Heck, that tierod looks like it already has a minor rub spot, but I assume that was made during installation

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in