Can someone confirm that this isn’t stock, also steering knuckle conundrum - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Can someone confirm that this isn’t stock, also steering knuckle conundrum

Here is my upper control arm on my dirt track crx I’m building. The ball joint is garbage, so I need to buy a new one. Trying to track down where to buy new ones. Also, this is an old crx hf, but it’s so Frankenstein that the right side driveshaft fits, but left side is too big for the knuckle. The assumption is it’s the original hf knuckle. Can I just order the non hf knuckle?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6AFBEA5A-0ADC-4189-93A3-C2D24013E8D1_1529087321439.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	471.0 KB
ID:	124807  
matthewtanner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

HF/STD had different hubs than DX/Si. You can use DX/Si knuckles on yours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Is the diameter the same where I can use a std wheel hub and bearing in an hf knuckle?

Old 06-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Get some Si or DX knuckles for the better brakes too.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Just trying to get back in the track cheap and quick, if I can just drop a std hub into this same knuckle I’ll do that.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Also did someone have any insight on the upper? I thought 88-89 where welded in ball joints, and 90-91 presses in. These look like some type of adjustable that Bolt in with 4 Allen head bilts
Old 06-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

they look like some ebay adjustable a-arms for cambering your ride. known for bushings to be total shit.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2018, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Junk2's

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewtanner View Post
Also did someone have any insight on the upper? I thought 88-89 where welded in ball joints, and 90-91 presses in. These look like some type of adjustable that Bolt in with 4 Allen head bilts
The ones that are pressed in arenít really designed to be replaced. Honda doesnít sell the upper ball joint separately but some aftermarket companies sell them. Pressing the old ones out and the new ones in loosen the fit and the UCA steel is pretty thin there

Easier to buy new ones which also include new bushings but thatís just my opinion.

If you press in new ones, Iíd consider welding them. A higher HP road racer on this site had issues with the upper ball joints coming loose and had to weld them

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Henry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunna

Just get a replacement set of cheap ball joints from ebay. Or get a set of oem arms.

For several reasons, we have to use those ebay adjustable upper arms. The ball joints last for maybe an entire event if we are lucky. We have been getting cheap ebay replacements and swapping them out. I've been playing with building a piece that will bolt in using the existing mounting and will take an oem press-in ball joint. This should give us a unit that will last a while.
Henry44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Looks like I'll be picking up spares for when the arms go on my DA. I have those cheap eBay upper control arms. Lol

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

What kind of “events” Henry?
Old 06-16-2018, 06:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Henry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunna

We race stage rally with a 91 Hatch. We've increased the ride height and needed to dick with the camber. We've also stuffed the car a few times and the front (from the fire wall forward) is shifted about 3/4" to the drivers side. This makes it pesky to dial in the same camber side to side.
Henry44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2018, 07:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Very cool. Yea this one has had a collision on the right side, so things are goofy here too
Old 06-30-2018, 03:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

For future reference a std hub and bearing will press into a hf knuckle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in