Traction Bars- Full Race - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2018, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Traction Bars- Full Race

Well D-family, its been a couple years since I posted on here. I hope everyone has been doing well! I still have my 96 EX turbo and have been picking away at it to this day.(more than ever)

Anyways, I am looking at buying a set of traction bars and I have it down to two options. Full Race vs. Innovative

Thoughts?

Does our half-sized radiator fit either bar?(I am running the 3-row Mishimoto unit) Is anyone here running either bar? If so, pics?

I did research this plenty and didn't come up with much useful info.

Thank you guys, your input is always appreciated!

-Paul aka myblkVTEC
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

My innovate experience has been good. A couple of things i noticed though:

- The rose joints are noisy if they're not aligned bang on
- The caster adjustment cant be done on the car because of the threaded design of the arms.

I'd recommend it though, it's been doing the job pretty well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB055 View Post
My innovate experience has been good. A couple of things i noticed though:

- The rose joints are noisy if they're not aligned bang on
- The caster adjustment cant be done on the car because of the threaded design of the arms.

I'd recommend it though, it's been doing the job pretty well.
Thank you for your input! Anyone else have experience or anything to share to help me out?

Old 04-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 HondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I've got a full-race drag traction bar on my 00 ex. I like it a lot. It helped with handling and got rid of a lot of my torque steer. I've got a Mishimoto 2 row radiator and a/c and it clears just fine. I did however, need to clock the turbo so that my charge pipe would clear. The driver side connecting rod was exactly where I had that pipe. I was able to move the pipe where it sits just above the connecting rod. Another note about the install is that I had to have the car on the ground to be able to bolt the brackets and rod ends to the lower control arms. It wasn't a big deal, I just didn't expect that.

00 ex coupe; 346whp/271wtq @21psi
HondaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSteve View Post
I've got a full-race drag traction bar on my 00 ex. I like it a lot. It helped with handling and got rid of a lot of my torque steer. I've got a Mishimoto 2 row radiator and a/c and it clears just fine. I did however, need to clock the turbo so that my charge pipe would clear. The driver side connecting rod was exactly where I had that pipe. I was able to move the pipe where it sits just above the connecting rod. Another note about the install is that I had to have the car on the ground to be able to bolt the brackets and rod ends to the lower control arms. It wasn't a big deal, I just didn't expect that.
Hey man, Thank you! This helps me out a lot. I don't know if it is just me or what, but what happened to this site? It feels like a ghost town now? I know its been a couple years since I was much more active, but it saddens me some here...
Old 04-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 HondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

The site has been kinda dead for a while now. There are usually only a few members online any time I log on. I think most people moved over to facebook.

00 ex coupe; 346whp/271wtq @21psi
HondaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
Hey man, Thank you! This helps me out a lot. I don't know if it is just me or what, but what happened to this site? It feels like a ghost town now? I know its been a couple years since I was much more active, but it saddens me some here...
Yeah all the short attention span nitwits moved over to facebook. It is sad, especially bc the FB group is nothing like this forum and is usually just people trying to sell shit.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 d1632psi420 is worse than Satan's assholed1632psi420 is worse than Satan's asshole

Why doesnt anyone use this site anymore?

Facebook sucks.

I need oil pan answers!!!

Weld in bung or non weld Bung!!!
d1632psi420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....EFB055 It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Yeah all the short attention span nitwits moved over to facebook. It is sad, especially bc the FB group is nothing like this forum and is usually just people trying to sell shit.

So on the plus side, all the trash has moved over to facebook.

EFB055 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1632psi420 View Post
Why doesnt anyone use this site anymore?

Facebook sucks.

I need oil pan answers!!!

Weld in bung or non weld Bung!!!
2 Part answer.

1. Don't threadjack.

2. Weld.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

After some more research, I ended up ordering the Full-Race traction bars. I will post up some more recent pics of the car this spring. A lot has changed.... A lot.

Last edited by MyblkVTEC; 04-18-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 LAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebody

Just saw this thread. Since you bought it, could you please check upon the install, if it binds? Move the lca up and down, with the traction bar attached and shock/spring disattached. Hard race did not respond to my email, hope we get a definitive answer with your help.
This is why I am concerned.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in