Traction Bar legal? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Traction Bar legal?

I am doing some upgrades on the Delsol for this season of Autocross and was wondering if anyone knew if a traction bar is legal on and eg chassis in the SMF class? We use SCCA rules and I checked the rule book but it reads like it could go either way.

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I assume you’re referring to the part:

“Suspension components are unrestricted as long as they use the original attachment points.”

Since traction bars often use the tow hook mounting points, I can see how this might be a grey area.

I’ve personally known guys who run in the SMF class with traction bars that mount in the tow hook locations. I guesss it would really depend on how the tech inspector interprets the rules but I don’t think it will be a problem. You can write the tech guys at SCCA and get their opinion on it but I think it’s fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Thanks for the response. Yea that's what i was figuring. Also the part about vertical points, and traction bars are horizontal. If anyone else has any input or experience with this id like to hear about it!

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM

Old 03-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

My Innovative Mounts traction bar uses all OE attachment points. Sounds like that is within the rules, however, I do not have experience getting it through tech within the past decade.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

No one said anything about mine. As long as no drilling is required ... you're probably fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2018, 03:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

So I posted this on the autox forum as well and got a response of traction bars are legal in all the SM classes!

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
Old 03-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 123065 has been punished by the users of d-series.org
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I am running EP and they are legal. I thought street mod rules were pretty open.

On a side note I have spherical bearings and no bushings in the front and rear lower control arms. Is it going to be over kill and worthless to add a traction bar??

Car
1992 eg hatch D16z6
141 hp
139 torque

Again this is an autocross and time attack car.
123065 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2018, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouin92 View Post
Is it going to be over kill and worthless to add a traction bar??
Not if you want positive caster adjustment

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in