Ef sedan EX front calipers not fitting. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 scrambles2112 is learning the way of the Dscrambles2112 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ef sedan EX front calipers not fitting.

I feel like I'm goin crazy here. I bought, or I thought I did, the correct sized rotors/ calipers for my 1990 ex sedan except the calipers won't slide far enough over the rotor to bolt on.
These are the rotors and here is a pic of the calipers I bought. I can't imagine they sent me the wrong part. Don't 90 ex's come with the bigger 262mm front rotors? Ima call them on Monday and see what's up but I figured might as well ask here first.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-PERFORMA...%257Ciid%253A8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3977_1491094830787.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	119393  
scrambles2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

dont ever buy brake parts from a wseller who thinks it fits 30+ years of hondas.

hop onto autozones website, find the rotors for your car, they have measuring diagrams that are usually fairly accurate.

then measure the rotor you have and see if it matches.

that will tell you if something is up, or if you got the wrong part, or if the seller is a ree ree

EDIT rockauto.com. sometimes cheaper than ebay. and you do not need drilled or slotted rotors, even if you are racing.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Cheap drilled rotors are going to stress Crack with heat cycling, from what I remember, is that the holes need to be cast and not drilled. Your more than likely got the wrong rotors anyway, but yes, the ex rotors are the largest of the dx, si, hf, and ex
theotherchris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 scrambles2112 is learning the way of the Dscrambles2112 is learning the way of the D

Autozone gives me 240mm rotors when i put in 90 civic ex and orilleys gives me 262mm rotors when I put in 90 civic ex......
Old 04-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano

Auto zone IS the eBay of parts stores......
Old 04-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

oreillys does not specify body style and offers both 260 and 240mm

autozone is generally more accurate than oreillys

you probably need a 240mm. the 260mm is probably for wagovan 4wd models

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Measuring them seems to make sense to me... or just guess
Sparked8703 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

The civic ex brakes are heralded as a diy big brake upgrade for all ef and Ed chassis, (as well as the 90/91 integra's)

Measuring your old rotors will probably be the best option, since your having issues.

Also, if your looking to track the car, there are a lot of better options for brake up grades
DIY: No BS, direct bolt-on 11" Big Brake Kit for EF's! - Honda-Tech
Old 04-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherchris View Post
The civic ex brakes are heralded as a diy big brake upgrade for all ef and Ed chassis, (as well as the 90/91 integra's)

Measuring your old rotors will probably be the best option, since your having issues.

Also, if your looking to track the car, there are a lot of better options for brake up grades
DIY: No BS, direct bolt-on 11" Big Brake Kit for EF's! - Honda-Tech
Thanks for that thread actually. Good ideas in there. Anyone know how to identify 90 ex spindles vs Dx or any other ones really? This car was pretty Frankensteined when I got it so I wouldn't doubt If these aren't even ex spindles in the first place. Any stamp code or something? Googling elsewhere for now.

Last edited by scrambles2112; 04-04-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I can look at mine tonight. I have them out and on the bench. Mine are original for sure.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico58204 View Post
I can look at mine tonight. I have them out and on the bench. Mine are original for sure.
god bless your soul lol
Old 04-04-2017, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

Well they're defs dx spindles.... so I got ex calipers and rotors and dx spindles. Hmmmm. Someone prolly swapped em for their car a while ago. Got a wrecked 2000 civic ex coupe in the driveway. Think those spindles would fit lol?
Old 04-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

camber will be all kinds of screwed up, and using Skunk 2 arms to fix it will result in the knuckles breaking as well as destroying the Skunk2 balljoints.

White 81 EX EF Sedan, knuckles were sold and EK DX knuckles used to fix the camber when the car was slammed. When I raised it up to a sane ride height the camber was positive.

Tucking those 13's

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2017, 07:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

I looked at them last night and forgot to write down the numbers, my apologies. Glad you figured it out.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
camber will be all kinds of screwed up, and using Skunk 2 arms to fix it will result in the knuckles breaking as well as destroying the Skunk2 balljoints.

White 81 EX EF Sedan, knuckles were sold and EK DX knuckles used to fix the camber when the car was slammed. When I raised it up to a sane ride height the camber was positive.

Tucking those 13's

LOL @ 81 EX EF Sedan
Old 04-06-2017, 03:12 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I miss my 91 I need to get another sedan one day
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscrx View Post
I miss my 91 I need to get another sedan one day
best fwd car ever! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in