K sport yes or no? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default K sport yes or no?

I own a 92 civic dx with a boosted y8. I'm trying to figure out a good coil over system or just order some struts and 10k springs.

Ive owned koni yellows(eg) , tein (350z), skunk 2 (ej), and a few other odd and ends on different cars.

Being that i am purpose building this car for track and it wont see the highway much, if at all. My real debate was between going with some BC coils, or from reviews and price going with the Ksports with the 10k spring set up. Im honestly though completely ignorant on ksports and dont know anyone thats owned a set to get feedback from.

The biggest thing that ive noticed is that the piston of the Ksports are slightly larger than the bc with a lower cost. Thats is whats leading me in direction of ksports.

I also have a deal on some KW v1 BNIB for 800 which would be about the same as the k sports i would get.

ultimate goal - set up for drag launches but versatility to be able to do autox in the future.

the KW V1 and Ksports i can get for more or less 800 bones. the BC would be a little more than that.

just looking for some advice

Thanks everybody!
b00sted94hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Don't know much about those, but I've been using Godspeed Mono RS coilovers. 10k fronts 8k rears. They also have a more racecar set MonoMax coilovers. 12k front 10k rear. Been very satisfied with them!

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

i run their gravels on the rallyx wagon and they are ok. not great but not terrible. pretty much the same quality you'd get with any of the entry level coils the KWs are a much better shock imo. if it was me id grab some off the shelf bilsteins and ground controls unless you really need the adjustability.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

I ran Buddy Clubs in my boosted build. As long as you order the correct springs for your application, you can dampen as you like for street to strip to track use.

I have BCRs on my DD Lexus, and they've held up great! More miles on them than the factory suspension that came on the car. LOL!
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 3 Jfab is learning the way of the DJfab is learning the way of the D

I ran PIC coilovers on my 91 hatch, car handled great! Ran the car in the 1/4 mile too and worked great! Daily drove the car, it was stiff but wasn't unbearable.
Jfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 05:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Henry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunna

We've run the gravel rally spec versions on our 91 hatch for 4 seasons. At the end of this season, we had them rebuilt by Feal and added Swift springs. The rebuild was cheaper than getting new cartridges from K-Sport. The rebuild and springs made a significant difference. The damping was left as stock, but Feal used their secret race fluid and better seals to give a more controlled ride. The Swift springs are the same weight, but feel much more responsive and better articulating.

We did bend two piston rods and lose a couple of seals, but I think that was more due to several excursions into the ditch at speed and an off or two than to any weakness in design.

Last edited by Henry44; 01-07-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Henry44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

I'm really pleased with the BCs on the DB9.

The roads round here are very uneven, yet lowering the car by approx 1.5in hasn't hurt the ride. It takes a few seconds a corner to stiffen it slightly for smoother surfaces. I don't track the car, but I've no doubt more extreme adjustment would be easy, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry44 View Post
We've run the gravel rally spec versions on our 91 hatch for 4 seasons. At the end of this season, we had them rebuilt by Feal and added Swift springs. The rebuild was cheaper than getting new cartridges from K-Sport. The rebuild and springs made a significant difference. The damping was left as stock, but Feal used their secret race fluid and better seals to give a more controlled ride. The Swift springs are the same weight, but feel much more responsive and better articulating.

We did bend to piston rods and lose a couple of seals, but I think that was more due to several excursions into the ditch at speed and an off or two than to any weakness in design.
Interesting. i may have to look into that when the time comes for mine. what did that run you?
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 06:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I'm sure rally it would be more noticeable, but with my experience Swift springs do have a finer respose. A minute difference, but at 12k it's a tad more smooth.

I have driven on the Monomax's on 2 FA5 chassis's (setup for time attack), and they can handle the job. The higher price/quality coilovers usually have increased response and durability.

At that price range though, PICs are a great choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Henry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunnaHenry44 is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abide View Post
Interesting. i may have to look into that when the time comes for mine. what did that run you?
The rebuild was $100 a corner plus shipping. The springs were $340 for a set of 4. We run 7K in the front and 5K in the rear.
Henry44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 scrambles2112 is learning the way of the Dscrambles2112 is learning the way of the D

I'm running ksports right now on my 90 ex sedan with 12k upfront and 10k in back with it set for the stiffest setting. I really enjoy corners with these coilovers ����

Last edited by scrambles2112; 02-27-2017 at 07:35 AM.
scrambles2112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Koni gc.
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 10:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

I'd recommend Progress coil overs. I have them on my hatch and love them. Progress Technology: Anti-roll bars, sport springs, coil-overs, camber kits and more since 1995!
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2017, 12:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....AutoXCivic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoXCivic Send a message via MSN to AutoXCivic Send a message via Yahoo to AutoXCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
I'm sure rally it would be more noticeable, but with my experience Swift springs do have a finer respose. A minute difference, but at 12k it's a tad more smooth.

I have driven on the Monomax's on 2 FA5 chassis's (setup for time attack), and they can handle the job. The higher price/quality coilovers usually have increased response and durability.

At that price range though, PICs are a great choice.
Another vote for PICs. I loved mine 12kf/10kr, totally manageable on the street. A bit stiff, but not awful.

<--- Stolen

<--- Sold.

Quote:
barrel roll in airplane > barrel roll in nsx
AutoXCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in