95 del sol cant figure out what the wheel rattle is exactly - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2016, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 95 del sol cant figure out what the wheel rattle is exactly

95 del sol sir

someone swapped it from the b16a3 dohc
to a d15b7 sohc i have a standard and a s20 long gear tranny

the front rotors look 10.3in i have tone
hubs for the abs yes or whatever it is and they work ive tested the abs

so this car came with all abs and 4 disk brakes
i have inspected it a few times and this is my conclusion

the rotors themselves are not perfectly stationary they have a tiny bit of play allowing them to spin left and right a tiny fraction of a inch even tho the 4 lug nut bolts are thru it and the set screw thats not needed was being used to hold them in place better but it always and i mean always find its way out and recently just snapped the dumb set screw but we all know that screw is just to hold the rotor temp while adjusting the brake pad and most owner remove and discard that screw anyways

thats not the solution but was a good temp fix

any one have a any suggestions ?

should i just punk out get new rotors and hope they match up without wobble . but makes kinda no sense then the wobble is comming from what ? the rotors holes too big and slight play happens or is it the behind rotor the hub or somthing .... grrrrrr i read somthing about i may have mini cooper rotors on it or somthing weird but idk for sure i see write ups on conversions and stuff but i dont see anyone referring this wobble issue
colorsharpkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Thumbs up

candy
colorsharpkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Rotors shouldn't move at all if you have the lug nuts torqued properly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

could be wrong sized hubs, could be worn hubs,
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Loose wheel bearings?

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2016, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

pictures, because your words are not working here.

Sounds like your rotor lug holes are biggere in diameter then your hub.
if thats the case then its moving around.

The rotor shouldnt have side to side play when the tire is tq down.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

As above, the rotors shouldn't move. Are you sure they're at fault or is it something inboard of them?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
brake, del sol, rotor, wobble sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in