91 civic std wheel hub - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 KidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's assholeKidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 91 civic std wheel hub

So my wheel hub blew out and I need to replace it. I ordered a wheel hub for my Honda and realized that the end of the axle was too small for the hub. So now I realize that I need a hub off of a civic STD but I can't find them online or at pick a part. What are my options? Could I swap the passenger side axle from another non STD civic to make it match up with my new hub?
KidWhoLovesHonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

How about you try Google and find what car you can get the correct hub from. We're not here to be your brain, use your own however difficult it may be for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 KidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's assholeKidWhoLovesHonda is worse than Satan's asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
How about you try Google and find what car you can get the correct hub from. We're not here to be your brain, use your own however difficult it may be for you.
Was there any point to this? Really pisses me off that people here are so quick to fucking say this. I have done my research. Like I said, the std hub is different than every other civic hub. Which is why I asked if there are any axles that would fit in my 4 speed trans and the SI hub. Have a nice day sir.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

You haven't done shit for research. Maybe you should research how to research. It took me 2 seconds and the first link had the answer.

It really pisses me off how ignorant people can be and expect someone else to just give them the answer when if they made any effort themselves they could find it faster than the time it takes to ask someone else.

If you had done any research before buying the hub you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Go back to the noob section and stay there until you learn how to read and find information yourself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Get in the zone, Autozone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I've tried... They don't carry it
Old 09-10-2016, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
You haven't done shit for research. Maybe you should research how to research. It took me 2 seconds and the first link had the answer.

It really pisses me off how ignorant people can be and expect someone else to just give them the answer when if they made any effort themselves they could find it faster than the time it takes to ask someone else.

If you had done any research before buying the hub you wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Go back to the noob section and stay there until you learn how to read and find information yourself.
You're honestly a loser. If you aren't helping then there's no point in commenting. Idk if being a dick is fun to your or what. If you don't want to be constructive on forums, you shouldn't even be browsing them TBH.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

I have some sympathy with both viewpoints.

On the one hand, most car-based questions have an answer somewhere on the net (and often on this forum). On the other, many noobs become frustrated when their searches are hampered by simply not knowing exactly how to phrase the question. I know this - I've been in the same boat.

OP: do you know the part number you're looking for? If not, have you at least got the car's chassis number? If the part you bought new is too small, you'd be better off getting your money back and keep looking.

Chris: if it really took you only 2 seconds, you could have posted the link more quickly than writing the next 2 paragraphs. If your neighbour had the same problems fitting a hub, would you have been as rude or would you have helped him find the solution?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
I have some sympathy with both viewpoints.

On the one hand, most car-based questions have an answer somewhere on the net (and often on this forum). On the other, many noobs become frustrated when their searches are hampered by simply not knowing exactly how to phrase the question. I know this - I've been in the same boat.

OP: do you know the part number you're looking for? If not, have you at least got the car's chassis number? If the part you bought new is too small, you'd be better off getting your money back and keep looking.

Chris: if it really took you only 2 seconds, you could have posted the link more quickly than writing the next 2 paragraphs. If your neighbour had the same problems fitting a hub, would you have been as rude or would you have helped him find the solution?
I don't have the oe part number but I do know that my car is an ed6. It is the STD base model
Old 09-10-2016, 06:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

I also do know that my axle/hub are the 23 spline one and the one I ordered was 26
Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

So you cracked the hub and crashed the car?

Or did the bearing just go bad?

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Asshole

dx axle fit std transmission - Google Search

Old 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I typed in 91 civic std hub on ebay and got mixed results

BUT I took the time to read the description of some of those parts, and they CLEARLY indicate which car their parts fit.

This is what is meant when we say research. Research means you are reading far more than just a title to get information.

It also helps you determine which online sources are trash talking kids who dont give a fuck, and which ones are actually present to learn something

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
I typed in 91 civic std hub on ebay and got mixed results

BUT I took the time to read the description of some of those parts, and they CLEARLY indicate which car their parts fit.

This is what is meant when we say research. Research means you are reading far more than just a title to get information.

It also helps you determine which online sources are trash talking kids who dont give a fuck, and which ones are actually present to learn something
I too looked at eBay, looked at every option for the front hub. I see the ones that fit civics of my year, just not the std model. I also looked for crx hf hub to no avail.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
napa know how

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWhoLovesHonda View Post
You're honestly a loser. If you aren't helping then there's no point in commenting. Idk if being a dick is fun to your or what. If you don't want to be constructive on forums, you shouldn't even be browsing them TBH.
so, because he's not spoon feeding you, youre going to be a salty little bitch? lol. stop being lazy noob, spend more than 2 minutes on google before asking others to do the hard work. and third, we just love it when noobs think theyre too big for their britches, it makes it more entertaining

if only there was a website that was dedicated to Honda parts that could give you a part number or even references.....

http://www.hondapartsguru.com/honda/...hub-toyo-seiko
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 09-11-2016 at 05:58 PM.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2016, 10:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Chris has taken on my no/limited spoon feeding position. The info is out there...if you look for it.

Oh yeah, new hubs aren't out there.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2016, 02:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I am seeing hubs on ebay now a days.
FRONT WHEEL HUB 88-91 HONDA CIVIC SEDAN, CRX SI, HATCHBACK SI
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
those are not OEM hubs

and they are not hubs that fit older HF and STD models

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2016, 01:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

no but they are NEW hubs, which are typically a pain in the ass to find, and might offer a better path to getting the car running when matched with the correct axles bearings etc and might be easier than scouring salvage yards for 30 year old parts, and then possibly finding them in a pick a part and having to dig the parts out wanted without being charged for piles of other crap.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2016, 04:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 21 robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!robscrx is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

have you tried rockauto.com
robscrx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in