89 si st rear 22mm sway bar questions. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 89 si st rear 22mm sway bar questions.

Hey guys, been doing some research, as there is alot to come threw. i believe i have found the majority of information, just want to get a concrete go ahead on what i believe to be correct and get one small question answered. much appreciated.

89 crx si, i have a st 22mm rear sway bar and end links.

this can bolt right in ? with no other parts, right ?

my one question, the end links do i make them center to center as long as the one piece factory end links that i take off ?

is a rear subframe brace necessary ? will be auto crossing the car often. if suggested or needed what brand is the go to ?

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

You need the brackets as well. The bar mounts to the brackets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
You need the brackets as well. The bar mounts to the brackets.
this is why i asked. thank you for that info transzex.

i will contact st or a dealer during the week and get brackets/needed hardware and hopefully get a directions so i can make sure i have all parts and put them in correctly.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I'd also recommend getting weld in brackets. 22mm bar is a little much for the rear mounts to just bolt in, and way too much for the flimsy OE brackets.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 boibuddha  is accepted as part of the communityboibuddha  is accepted as part of the communityboibuddha  is accepted as part of the communityboibuddha  is accepted as part of the community

There is no need for a sub-frame brace because the sway bar does not touch the sub-frame.

You may need to modify your exhaust as there may be clearance issues. My sway bar was hitting my HKS exhaust so I cut out a small section and replaced it.

Not my picture but it shows you how it is mounted.

Source
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

My 22mm bar does not use the OE attachment points and uses supplied brackets to attach the bar at its pivot points to the subframe.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD

Last edited by LowFlyin'; 09-06-2016 at 01:42 PM.
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 08:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Im running the ST 22mm setup on my '89 CRX Si and it is a very tight fit with the exhaust.

Its a GReddy SP2 cat back exhaust setup using 2 3/8" OD pipe. Its so close that it the swaybar and exhaust bang together all the time, so I have a piece of rubber hose on the swaybar to muffle the sound of them touching. I would like to redo the exhaust in 2.5" with a quieter muffler and fix this issue while Im at it. I think if the hanger was done differently, it would be okay.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

You also need the weld on tabs and longer bolts for the shocks. Although the factory bolt hole can be drilled out and used, the effective arm length will be shorter. Whichis how mine is after selling the Koni's with welded tabs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in