Car Too Low on Koni Yellows/Sportline - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 ThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Car Too Low on Koni Yellows/Sportline

I never thought I would say this, but the front end of my car is too low lol. Here's the setup first:
2000 Civic EX coupe
Koni Yellows (front: highest setting, rear: middle setting)
Eibach Sportline springs
Wheels/Tires: 5.5x14"; 195/60R14

Here's the catch: the Sportline springs are actually the ones meant for the Integra. HOWEVER, they were $100 second-hand, so that makes them the right springs for my budget.

The way my car sits right now is a stinkbug stance (face down, ass up) which is just the way I like it (also prevents my back from rubbing when I load up the trunk for the track). It handles nicely, but the front is really low, just barely tucking. Eventually I want to get 15" wheels sometime in the future, and dropping a few bills on Ground Control sleeves isn't really an option for me right now. Plus, my splash guards hella scrape and they're thrashed right now.

I was thinking of getting something like washers or metal rings like what the spring perch is resting on so it would just be raise the front up like a half inch or so. Any thoughts or suggestions?
-Blox short shifter
-Exedy Stage 1 clutch
-Koni Yellows/Megan Coilover sleeves
-DC2 rear swaybar/BWR bracing
-Energy Suspension poly bushings
-eGay front strut bar
-4th gen Prelude front seats
-Koyorad radiator
-AEM Short Ram/Blox V-stack
ThumperCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

hard to find sleeves that fit over konis, fatter than most. GC makes them....
maybe cut the back springs???

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I know it's not what you want to hear but maybe you should consider:

a.) buying the correct springs for your vehicle
b.) Investing in a proper set of coilovers

You spent $100 because you're on a budget but now have to figure out how you're going to ghetto rig this setup to work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Get stance springs and complains....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Loads up civic to go to track... Makes thread about budget and wrong springs..

People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 05:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

I would keep saving your money and get the proper springs. Also, I think the Koni yellows that go with the GC sleeves are made differently than regular Koni yellows. You might have to buy the combo.
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 05:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

True.. Sell the springs to another kid, buy correct springs for your ride.

But these are sportlines.. theyre supposed to be low.. are they cut like some ricer wanted them lower they were designed?

Old 06-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 ThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the community

They're not cut. Not all of us have big budgets to track their car. I don't just use my trunk for just the track you know. Us musicians have to haul heavy shit too. I'm just in it for fun, not some beauty competition or bragging rights.

Last edited by ThumperCivic; 06-07-2016 at 08:10 AM.
ThumperCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Then get ProKits, same spring rate IIRC but not as low.

Buy a stock CRV for the gear.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

The odd thing is I have Civic Sportlines on my Integra and it had a slammed front too! I also have them on my EJ1 and the front is almost no gap while the rear is nearly 2 fingers. Both of mine were NEW IN BOX so I don't think getting the Civic version would help.

Anyways what I did was to raise the shock in the fork slightly. I just moved them up ~1/4" and twisted them so they don't fit in the fork's locating groove any more. Mine are the Orange version, but they are identical at the base. Look up "ef fork mod" if you're unclear. On my EF I raised it up over an inch with Illuminas and drove it like that for thousands of miles. The Teg was a DD for over 2 years like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJnWorldWide View Post
I would keep saving your money and get the proper springs. Also, I think the Koni yellows that go with the GC sleeves are made differently than regular Koni yellows. You might have to buy the combo.
The only difference is they don't come with the spring perch. Both use a circlip, the non-GC perch rests on it.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 10:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

Lol Bone! It's true, the CRV is the perfect ride height for big loads w/o hurting your back...

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

I remember trying to locate a clean CRV for DD and was nearly impossible. Now there were quite a few that looked their age, but owners were asking wayy too much for them. 3200 for a beat up crv?! cmon now.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 dirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to dirty d Send a message via Yahoo to dirty d

I just saw 2 4wd crvs one lifted with built block,gsr head, jackson racing supercharger claiming it needs a tune, asking $4,300. I think it probably needs 5k of work. The other crv was $6k: stock b20gsr head rebuilt claiming 7k miles on engine precision turbo 300awhp
dirty d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 10:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Only two CRV's that I have wanted since my POS....

Nicks and Avijits (SOLD)

The twin, in "used" shape, the VIN numbers are VERY close

A's Boogie....

Quote:
Old 06-15-2016, 03:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

I love DSO.

We take a thread about low cars... and park a bunch of CRVs on it.

My CRV camera station Muhaha (Slo, I "recycled" this photo only because I needed to add more CRV lol)!

Made my day lmao.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Does this help?

Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
Does this help?

not real.....

Quote:
Old 06-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

if you got stock diameter tires, you would be nearly 2 inches higher....

stock 14s are 185/65/14 and are right on the money when compared to GPS speedo and ecu's speed read out (OBD2)

195/60/14s will still be slightly lower than stock diameter/height (stock 23.5", 195/60 23.2")

205/60/14 would put you at 23.7" diameter

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2016, 01:28 AM   #19 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 LAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
Anyways what I did was to raise the shock in the fork slightly. I just moved them up ~1/4" and twisted them so they don't fit in the fork's locating groove any more.
That or cut another groove for the c-clip on the koni, so you get one extra position to adjust the height
Old 06-16-2016, 06:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

What if you just take your CRV to the track?

'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in