BWR tracction bar kit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 BiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the DBiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default BWR tracction bar kit

Anyone running a traction bar kit? im curious to how well they work. I have seen many other cars use them but In all the build threads I have read I don't see anyone running one.

https://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/view...dproduct=30379

there is a link for reference!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BiGrEd1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2016, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Welcome to my list of lazy people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2016, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 BiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the DBiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the D

how am I lazy? I know they work.......I just have yet to see anyone use them on their builds on here. maybe Im looking at builds that people aren't using them.....But im simply asking if anyone is running one. Whats so wrong about that?

Old 03-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

BWR is a knock off company that does not do much, if any, new or innovative stuff and simply takes what others have done and tries to (usually poorly) replicate stuff.

They are on my list of companies to never do business with.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Great Weldini

Rep Power: 32 remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....remoer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 54 reviews
Send a message via AIM to remoer Send a message via MSN to remoer Send a message via Yahoo to remoer

we need to bring back the JimFab traction bars,

The suspension should always be faster than the engine - BMW

The term stage was created to make mentally slow ppl feel physically fast.

my DOHC ZC - 133.73whp and 108.48wtq (tuned on a Dynojet)
remoer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

ESP traction bar with a front mount.

Do it right

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post

Do it right
Never heard of this company....THANK YOU!!! I'll be getting their traction bar and 3pt strut bar
Old 03-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post

Do it right
nice, just checked em out, looks legit ! deff want to retain the front mount when i run a trb.

stratton.

Last edited by STRATTON; 03-04-2016 at 07:34 PM.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano19si91 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Esp=explicit speed performance and I don't believe they are around any longer last I heard from the accord community...
1991 Honda Civic Hatchback Si
1998 Honda Civic Sedan EX

19si91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
Esp=explicit speed performance and I don't believe they are around any longer last I heard from the accord community...
That's a shame. If that's true, I wonder what they did with the jigs

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 03-04-2016, 11:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19si91 View Post
from their website! Such a bummer....ill shoot them a email though.....hopefully I can get my hands on a traction bar.

Please Read!!!

---Update!!! Oct 1, 2015---

Please Email if interested in any products. I will see if I can assist. We are doing some ESP products. We are not back for good!

Email: [email protected]

Old 03-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I hate to sound like a nut-swinger, but Full-Race is the only bar I'd go with. Not because of the name, but because they actually did their research & put the pivot points in-line with the LCA rotation centerline. It's not much more, either.

If the bar mounts somewhere off that centerline, then it starts to pull or push the LCA as the suspension moves up or down. Not only does that change alignment, but binding may also occur - both are very bad.

Here's a link to their research: http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 09:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

Does that traction bar allow the use of the front motor mount ?
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 09:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

If you are creative, ANY traction bar can provide a front mount.

something as simple as an everyday exhaust clamp can provide to spots to bolt a plate, and make the magic happen

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 04:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Abide

too bad you aren't a 4th gen.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
I hate to sound like a nut-swinger, but Full-Race is the only bar I'd go with. Not because of the name, but because they actually did their research & put the pivot points in-line with the LCA rotation centerline. It's not much more, either.

If the bar mounts somewhere off that centerline, then it starts to pull or push the LCA as the suspension moves up or down. Not only does that change alignment, but binding may also occur - both are very bad.

Here's a link to their research: http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf
I get the binding part but assuming there is none, and that you've set your alignment with the suspension loaded, if you have spherical bushings on both ends and a fixed bar length, won't the alignment change when the load changes?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 03-05-2016, 08:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

Got a reply!!

"Hello, thanks for the inquire. Yes have a couple options for the EG/EK/DC let me know.

We have been closed since Sept 2014. However recently have been doing some Group Buys on certain products. On my personal time. One is the ESP Traction Bar Systems. Price is $455 Shipped US ESP EG/DC/EK Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H or Hydro B with no AC or K series. Or without Front Torque Mount Kit $389 Shipped US. Comes standard semi gloss black powder coating with Red decal or choice of color decal. $20 additional for custom powder coating color. Wait time is about 6-8 weeks upon purchase. However I have been getting these Group Buys of 4 out a little sooner. I accept Paypal Payment. Please email with any other questions or wanting to purchase and I will give you my Paypal Information. Thanks"

Old 03-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

around $300 at fullrace gets you a traction bar that is built to be many times stronger than necessary (factor of safety I believeits called)

While there is mroe than one quality company, IF the quality is there, there is no need to spend a bunch extra.

Many people who have fullrace products are still using them even ten years later.

I am in no way shape or form saying they are the best or not, but they have proven themselves for a lower price than some.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2016, 10:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
around $300 at fullrace gets you a traction bar that is built to be many times stronger than necessary (factor of safety I believeits called)

While there is mroe than one quality company, IF the quality is there, there is no need to spend a bunch extra.

Many people who have fullrace products are still using them even ten years later.

I am in no way shape or form saying they are the best or not, but they have proven themselves for a lower price than some.

I will definitely check out fullrace. I have seen the quality of their turbo kits and the price tag to go with them lol. That's why I have never checked them out for suspension parts. Thanks!

http://www.full-race.com/store/tract...ction-bar.html

$279.99 not bad! $314 with the front torque mount

Last edited by BiGrEd1011; 03-05-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Great thread guys, knowing now that this is a performance upgrade and not aethstetic, when is the point where one of these becomes necessary or useful? Once the stock HP is increased?
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in