Knuckle/Spindle options - Wilwood DPHA Brake Swap - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2016, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Knuckle/Spindle options - Wilwood DPHA Brake Swap

Hello,

I presently have a 97 Del Sol Si (240mm rotor), basically an EG. The Wilwoods only fit 262mm cars.

What are my donor options for 262mm spindles and are there any other things I need to consider?

I am getting conflicting information in my searches. Some say 96-00 Civic Ex, 99-00 Civic Si, or 94-01 Integra are my options. Others say that the spindles from those vehicles will alter the height of the vehicle?

Can someone confirm these will bolt right up without incident without throwing off height or camber?

D
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Where did you find the info?

I have a 92 si hatch and I'm using 94 teg knuckles to run dpha calipers. The tegs measured the same everything to my civics, except the knuckles.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 yabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Boratyabloko smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

eg6 eg9 e.g. vti versions of EG chassis as well as b16 delsol
any 95-00 MA (MB) chassis (useless section for you) and I think same-gen civic-based domani (or are all of them based on a civic platform?)
yabloko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Those spindles are all the same, you might even be able to use DA, but don't quote me on that lol!

any 92-00 Civic/Del Sol/Integra are interchangable.

The "camber issue" probably has more to do if the car has been damaged, I got a bent spindle from a friend before. But it came from a bad accident so it made sense.

The control arms usually are the ones that change things.

It's when you move to other models where they are UNCONFIRMED such as (These might be the same even though they are a different hub/bearing):
Prelude
Accord
CRV
Odessey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

92 civic si hatch are the small hubs FYI.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 car_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I went to their website when I was looking at these and it is a little unclear what hubs they exactly fit. I want to buy them sometime this year and just try putting them on my car. Worst case scenario for me is I have to put DA knuckles on and it should work no problem.
91 hatch; stock internal z6, y7 cam swap, 5431 12.6psi, - [email protected]
2009 Infinity G37; [email protected]

07 R6s; slip on, k&n, Powercomander 3, Factory pro velocity stacks, Factory Pro +4 iginition [email protected]
car_freak66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
92 civic si hatch are the small hubs FYI.
Good to note!

But main idea is that as long as they are 10.4" they'll fit from those yeats per model.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_freak66 View Post
I went to their website when I was looking at these and it is a little unclear what hubs they exactly fit. I want to buy them sometime this year and just try putting them on my car. Worst case scenario for me is I have to put DA knuckles on and it should work no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fodo View Post
Good to note!

But main idea is that as long as they are 10.4" they'll fit from those yeats per model.
What Fodo said. They fit the larger hubs/spindles. So ex civics, 99-00 si, 94-01 tegs. 92 civic hatch si won't fit. Don't know about the ex models for that year, I believe it's the 92-93 models that never came with abs.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 02-28-2016, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Interchangeable is different from identical. The 96-00 knuckle (inc Si) is shorter so it will mess with your suspension. Specifically it will lower the UCA ball joint, reducing camber (static & dynamic), and mess with your roll center.

All Del Sol's are basically EG/Teg's regardless of year. Any VTEC model Del Sol, EX/Si 92-95 Civic, or 94-00 Integra will have what you need. The knuckle will swap right over & the brake mount holes will be right for your new brake kit.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2016, 11:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
Interchangeable is different from identical. The 96-00 knuckle (inc Si) is shorter so it will mess with your suspension. Specifically it will lower the UCA ball joint, reducing camber (static & dynamic), and mess with your roll center.

All Del Sol's are basically EG/Teg's regardless of year. Any VTEC model Del Sol, EX/Si 92-95 Civic, or 94-00 Integra will have what you need. The knuckle will swap right over & the brake mount holes will be right for your new brake kit.
Sorry but the 92-93 civic si hatch back knuckles WILL NOT fit the dpha calipers. They are the same size as the dx,cx ,etc.

They didn't come with the larger brakes until the 94 models.

I currently have a 92 si hatch with the dpha calipers.......

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 02-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

This can of worms again????

94-95 HB had the optional ABS larger brakes than has confused everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
This can of worms again????

94-95 HB had the optional ABS larger brakes than has confused everything.
Yes. I'm always that guy lol. A lot of Google info doesn't contain that information.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 02-29-2016, 09:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!

Ok what I've found is the following:

Quote:
94 del sol vtec (AND 94 Integ RS) 262mm
Knuckle ABS R FR - 51210-SR3-N10 (bearing 44300-s5a-008[ntn], 44300-S5A-004[koyo seiko])
Knuckle ABS L FR - 51215-SR3-N10 (bearing 44300-s5a-008[ntn], 44300-S5A-004[koyo seiko])

Integra RS and civic ex w/o ABS: 262mm
Knuckle Non-ABS R FR - 51210-SR3-N00 (bearing, 44300-S04-A02)
Knuckle Non-ABS L FR - 51215-SR3-N00

95 civic si? (Smaller, 97 del sol si) 240mm
Knuckle ABS R FR - 51210-SR3-000
Knuckle ABS L FR - 51215-SR3-000

97 del sol si hub asy 44300-S04-004,
97 del sol vteec hub asy abs 44300-S5A-008,
94 integra RS hub asy 44300-S5A-008,
94 gsr asy abs 44300-S5A-008,

So am I correct in believing their is no difference between hub and bearing between ABS and non ABS models? What all changes between ABS and non-ABS models. I know that the spindles are identical (except for holes being drilled for abs mounting).. It's looking like the bearings/hubs are the same too? Is this accurate?

Last edited by d-serious; 03-04-2016 at 09:26 AM.
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in