possibility of needing a camber kit? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2016, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 BiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the DBiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default possibility of needing a camber kit?

So I know this may fall under wheels and tires but im having an issue that may be related to the suspension. I'm guessing I may have went with to big of a tire in the rear.....

which brings me to believe that I may need a camber kit.

Wheel specs:
16in x 8in
+20 offset

tires:
205/45/16

The tires are rubbing when I turn or hit a bumpy section of a road. ON STOCK SUSPENSION. I will be installing skunk 2 springs but if im rubbing now it will be worse when It gets springs on it.

any advice would be appreciated!
BiGrEd1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

why would you need a camber kit if youre running bigger wheels and tires?

run a smaller tire. run a smaller wheel. raise the suspension.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 BiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the DBiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the D

Its completely on stock suspension........I was debating trading someone for a 195 for the rear but I literally just bought them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
why would you need a camber kit if youre running bigger wheels and tires?

run a smaller tire. run a smaller wheel. raise the suspension.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 jetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropesjetrinka is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Well considering the offset of the stock wheels is somewhere around +45mm, going to a +20mm offset, much wider wheel is likely going to create some issues especially if you are going to lower it.
jetrinka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 boibuddha  is accepted as part of the communityboibuddha  is accepted as part of the communityboibuddha  is accepted as part of the communityboibuddha  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Skunk2 springs are pretty stiff (typically in the 500+lb/in F and 400+lb/in R range) with a reasonable drop so you may be able to get away without rubbing but you will probably be in a worse situation than you are now.

I don't like the idea of using a camber kit to fit oversized wheels; By using the camber kit to tuck the wheels in, you are reducing your contact patch with the road. Why buy 205s if you aren't going to use it?

I would suggest an fender roll if it hasn't been done already, 205s are not huge tires by any means but the +20 is pretty aggressive for a civic.
The outer edge of the rim is sticking out more than 2 inches beyond the factory wheel.
Reference:Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Im going to go back to discount tire on Monday and see if I can exchange my tire for a 195. That should atleast help.....plus I will still roll the rear and front fenders before I put the springs on.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

a camber kit should never be the answer to fit tires if you are still on fully stock suspension.

spend $150 on a master buching kit, install that, and see what that does.

in the rear, the big trailing arm bushing being stiffer will help quite a bit with tire fitment. When a tire/control arm assembly is not allowed to run all over the place, it tends to not rub.

Up front, at least with newer bushings you wont have the tire come to the inner side as much.

Rule number one with wheel/tire fitment. find specs before finding your wallet. It saves you trouble

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Im going to be rolling the front and rear fenders and installing the springs this next weekend! So that should drastically help it. We will see though.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

stiffer springs will help tremendously

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

that's what I figured. The stock springs contribute so much body roll lol. I put in some strut bars and that helped ALOT.

I will post a update when all this happens. Hopefully it fits better. I like the wheels and how it sits......just needs low lol. I'm monster trucking with a lip and wheels hahaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in