Skunk2 LCA Bushings - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Skunk2 LCA Bushings

I noticed today that my skunk2 LCA bushings are toast and they are only a yeah and a half old. I know skunk2 sells bushings but they are 10.49 for each set and each control arm takes 3 sets. That would be $62.94 total. Now I am a cheap bastard. Has anyone had experience with these knock off bushings? SKUNK2 Style Replacement Bushings for Lower Control Arm LCA Rear Camber Kit 6P | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

try em out and let me know. I have a set that needs new bushings as well
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2015, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

In the pic is says "skunk2 racing" on the bushings...

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

supposedly skunk2 made some better ones that they sell. Id personally like to find someone with a lathe to mill down some energy suspension ones to fit
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
In the pic is says "skunk2 racing" on the bushings...
Yeah they are knock offs. The title says "skunk 2 style bushings"
Old 09-09-2015, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

It's prolly legit skunk2's lol. Prolly the same factory that makes the lca.

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 09:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Alexander is learning the way of the DMr. Alexander is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Id just give it a shot with the knockoffs. skunk 2 stuff is barely a step above ebay stuff nowadays anyway.

Built without breaking the bank, fixin it right the first time!
Mr. Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

find a set of control arms in a junkyard and throw some energy suspension bushings in themm. you can find the kit on ebay for 20-30 bucks if you catcha seller trying to move them fast.

I got my full master bushing kit for $100 new on ebay when some seller was having a 30% off sale

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
find a set of control arms in a junkyard and throw some energy suspension bushings in themm. you can find the kit on ebay for 20-30 bucks if you catcha seller trying to move them fast.

I got my full master bushing kit for $100 new on ebay when some seller was having a 30% off sale
Then I wont have the bling bling status anymore with my gold control arms.

I went ahead and ordered those bushings. Ill report back.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_justice View Post
Then I wont have the bling bling status anymore with my gold control arms.

I went ahead and ordered those bushings. Ill report back.
pretty much lol
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Bling is for only 1 type of Honda owner: hardparkers.

Use what works: OEM integra/si LCA's with ES or Hard Race bushings. My set with ES bushings were great and lasted for 2 years in a DD til I sold it.

I might reconsider if an alloy arm is introduced which accepts ES or Hard Race bushings AND has threaded sway mounts. The only thing close is the blox-style, which has a useless recessed sway hole.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

THAT is the reason I dont use the aftermarket LCA's. So far none of them support the same identical bushing set that factory does.

I would love having less weight in the suspension, but maintenance means I would have to palce an online order only to support them.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2015, 07:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
Bling is for only 1 type of Honda owner: hardparkers.

Use what works: OEM integra/si LCA's with ES or Hard Race bushings. My set with ES bushings were great and lasted for 2 years in a DD til I sold it.

I might reconsider if an alloy arm is introduced which accepts ES or Hard Race bushings AND has threaded sway mounts. The only thing close is the blox-style, which has a useless recessed sway hole.
Ask and ye shalt receive.

Hardrace Rear Lower Arms Blue EF EG EK DC - 7103-BL - BuyHardRace.com

Only thing is they don't come in black.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 09-10-2015, 08:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
Ask and ye shalt receive.

Hardrace Rear Lower Arms Blue EF EG EK DC - 7103-BL - BuyHardRace.com

Only thing is they don't come in black.
orly?

Hardrace Rear Lower Arms Black 92-95 Civic / 94-01 Integra GSR LS - 7103 - BuyHardRace.com
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Oh fucking A, I'm ordering them right now. It's been over a year since they've had them. Sorry can't rep you bro!

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 09-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

rub it in lol. I want em too. thinking about their kit, and just getting rid of my partial energy suspension kit
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
rub it in lol. I want em too. thinking about their kit, and just getting rid of my partial energy suspension kit
Ugh almost ordered the front lcas also. I'll get those later! I'll have polished skunk2 lcas for sale soon lol.

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 09-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

I already have purple ones that need bushings. I sold my black ones. I miss em so much
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Fucking fast shipping!!

RIP CALI NOOB
Old 09-14-2015, 10:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
I already have purple ones that need bushings. I sold my black ones. I miss em so much
Paint your toenails to match them then....

Junk the Skunk Funk'n Junk!

Note to self, I don't need another lawsuit about Honda Parts comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in