Kyb excels and tein s techs - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 clorbag is worse than Satan's assholeclorbag is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Kyb excels and tein s techs

90 civic si hatch.
Getting my kyb excels and s techs in the mail end of the week. And an es master bushing set. Anything else I should look to replace while I'm down there and under the vehicle? Car has everything still from the factory trying to restore it and make it a decent dd

Last edited by clorbag; 08-10-2015 at 09:18 PM.
clorbag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

All bushings. Inner and outter tie rods, then an alingment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Rep Power: 0 clorbag is worse than Satan's assholeclorbag is worse than Satan's asshole

Thanks ill get on it! I'm really excited to feel the difference with bushing and suspension upgrades

Old 08-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Should I take pics or has this setup been beaten to death already? If it will help I will if not I'll leave it be
Old 08-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Pics of work done are always appreciated here.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Pics of work done are always appreciated here.
this.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

Pictures of cars, boobs, memes are all welcome
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

don't forget ponies
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Do upper arms (they include balljoints) and lower balljoints if its been several years since they were last touched.

Id also go so far as to do OEM wheel bearings just to prevent the need from touching the suspension for many years to come.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 iidavid123ii is learning the way of the Diidavid123ii is learning the way of the D

Everything everyone else has said plus a rack end bushing and a rack preload adjustment. Dont use the ES trailing arm bushings they bind get the oem ones. The megan front and rear upper arms/camber kit and rear toe kits are priced pretty well compared to replacing the remaining bushings and ball joints your es bushing kit doesnt include, plus you get the adjustablilty. The megan camber/toe kits are literally the hardrace camber/toe kits with a different sticker and their cheaper.
iidavid123ii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 04:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by iidavid123ii View Post
Everything everyone else has said plus a rack end bushing and a rack preload adjustment. Dont use the ES trailing arm bushings they bind get the oem ones. The megan front and rear upper arms/camber kit and rear toe kits are priced pretty well compared to replacing the remaining bushings and ball joints your es bushing kit doesnt include, plus you get the adjustablilty. The megan camber/toe kits are literally the hardrace camber/toe kits with a different sticker and their cheaper.
the hardrace ones have harder rubber. Better.

Build what you have!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 iidavid123ii is learning the way of the Diidavid123ii is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
the hardrace ones have harder rubber. Better.
I compared my megan front camber kit and rear toe kit to my brothers hard race front camber and rear toe kit before i installed them for him and everything looked identical. My the dust boots on the balljoints on my megan front camber kit even say hard race on them. I never thought the bushings would be different, although the one thing i didn't thoroughly compare was the bushings as i i assumed they'd be the same so that's a bummer. How do you know they have different bushings and is their a significant difference?

Last edited by iidavid123ii; 08-13-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

the world of supply and suppliers is always changing. back 8-9 years ago, hardrace was a noticeably better product than megan or other cheap brands.

Maybe nowadays megan upped their game, or hardrace lowered their game.

Either way, I see no reason to cheap out on alignment parts. My rule is if I cannot count on it to last 5 years or more of regular driving, it doesnt belong on my car.

that said, if you already bought them, spray some rust inhibitor on the threads of your kits, and check the tightness/torque of the bolts every other oil change. If you didnt use any sort of anti-seize, remove and do so, and reinstall.

EDIT I also see you recommend avoiding energy suspension style bushings for the rear trailing arms.

well... you are going against a fairly large and long-enduring group of users who use them. MASSIVE improvement over factory bushings, even against brand new OEM bushings. considering the bushing is not attached directly to the metal bush, the arm is allowed to go inward and outward as suspension geometry changes. a HUGE improvement in handling if you have decent springs and good tires to match. Generally, the binding is from having shitty shock bushings or sloppy control arm bushings.

Bind can also happen when the bushings in the toe-arms are shot. The one pair of arms no one ever thinks about, since they tend to be a nightmare to remove (corrosion, someone doing an alignment over torqued, etc..)

Build what you have!

Last edited by mattliston; 08-13-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
the world of supply and suppliers is always changing. back 8-9 years ago, hardrace was a noticeably better product than megan or other cheap brands.

Maybe nowadays megan upped their game, or hardrace lowered their game.

Either way, I see no reason to cheap out on alignment parts. My rule is if I cannot count on it to last 5 years or more of regular driving, it doesnt belong on my car.

that said, if you already bought them, spray some rust inhibitor on the threads of your kits, and check the tightness/torque of the bolts every other oil change. If you didnt use any sort of anti-seize, remove and do so, and reinstall.
Im not worried about the actual arms/links or ball joints as i know their the same thing like i said the ball joints even say hardrace on them. Im just upset about the bushings if their different.
How did you find out they use different bushings?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

The oem or mugen/hard race/megan trailing arm bushings all use the same basic style. Spherical bearings also work well althought their not for DD.From research ive done No one really reports binding or snap oversteer happening after installing these types of bushings or bearings. Although ive found reports of binding after installing ES trailing arm bushings. Before ordering all new bushings for my car i did a bit of research. I dont remember all of it specifically right now but ill dig it up again. People also say that having to re use the center pin can cause it to rust and bind aswell. Ive also read the pin is a bit oval shaped and must be rounded if you dont want bind from that. Not to mention the constant lubrication they require(some have gone as far as drilling out the control arms and installing zerk fittings so they can grease them on a regular basis).

Heres one thing i found that tranzex posted about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
the rear arm travels in a arc, the rubber bushings have just enough give not to cause any binding. The ES bushing limit travel, therefore the suspension goes into bind, really screwing with the spring rates.........aka snap oversteer.
and another on team integra

The OEM RTAB is meant to allow movement in more directions than the ES bushings can provide, hence where the binding comes from.

That joint is meant to allow rotation in 3 axes as well as translation to small extent along the axis of the pin that goes through the center of the bushing and attaches to the chassis.

The ES bushings only allow rotation about the axis of the pin, and translation along the pin.

It is of little consequence if you only utilize a small amount of suspension travel though.

Now You won't catch me running them though.

All of these issues people seem to have just would keep me from recommending them to someone for a DD that will moderately be lowered. Just my opinion.

Last edited by iidavid123ii; 08-13-2015 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

That is all correct. OEM style is best.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Waiting on the tie rod ends and a few other items these are teasing me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150814_192306_1439605592171.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	520.4 KB
ID:	93706  
Old 08-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Quote:
Originally Posted by iidavid123ii View Post
The oem or mugen/hard race/megan trailing arm bushings all use the same basic style. Spherical bearings also work well althought their not for DD.From research ive done No one really reports binding or snap oversteer happening after installing these types of bushings or bearings. Although ive found reports of binding after installing ES trailing arm bushings. Before ordering all new bushings for my car i did a bit of research. I dont remember all of it specifically right now but ill dig it up again. People also say that having to re use the center pin can cause it to rust and bind aswell. Ive also read the pin is a bit oval shaped and must be rounded if you dont want bind from that. Not to mention the constant lubrication they require(some have gone as far as drilling out the control arms and installing zerk fittings so they can grease them on a regular basis).

Heres one thing i found that tranzex posted about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
the rear arm travels in a arc, the rubber bushings have just enough give not to cause any binding. The ES bushing limit travel, therefore the suspension goes into bind, really screwing with the spring rates.........aka snap oversteer.
and another on team integra

The OEM RTAB is meant to allow movement in more directions than the ES bushings can provide, hence where the binding comes from.

That joint is meant to allow rotation in 3 axes as well as translation to small extent along the axis of the pin that goes through the center of the bushing and attaches to the chassis.

The ES bushings only allow rotation about the axis of the pin, and translation along the pin.

It is of little consequence if you only utilize a small amount of suspension travel though.

Now You won't catch me running them though.

All of these issues people seem to have just would keep me from recommending them to someone for a DD that will moderately be lowered. Just my opinion.

Edit bought the Moog trailing arm bushings didn't wanna cheap out and do it once and forget about it .also got the mood inner outter tie rod ends shop wouldn't do alighntment because they said they were shot

So as far as trailing arm bushing go I can just go OEM. That way the dogbone is included and I won't need to reuse existing one. The binding talk doesn't sound to fun that ks for all the input I'm really excited about the performance difference! This is a dd for me but where i live there are many hills and turns for fun spirited driving
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20150819_193823_1440045082087.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	567.6 KB
ID:	94106  

Last edited by clorbag; 08-19-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Will be done tomorrow afternoon will send pics of work with write up
Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
gonzo
Restricted account

Not the greatest picture but with kyb and tein s tech the car sits about 1 finger gap lower in the back . dropped in at just about 1.5 inches just like they claims . cleaned it up pretty good and cleaned up the ride and handling so much feels like a whole new car. Will be doing the bushing soon when I have time to remove rear trailing arms and rest of the suspension pieces. And find someone with a press
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20150824_112926_1440520406026.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	509.7 KB
ID:	94297   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150820_111823_1440520572568.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	429.1 KB
ID:	94305   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150820_101709_1440520615990.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	442.3 KB
ID:	94313   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150819_191228_1440520642756.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	600.4 KB
ID:	94321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150819_192908_1440520665724.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	573.8 KB
ID:	94329  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in