Stripped front lca bolt - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2015, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Stripped front lca bolt

Today i decided to pull out the front lca for my project car for bushing replacement.

I pulled out easily the left side but when im working on the right side and undoing the last two bolts the two adjacent bolts were very hard to undo i have managed to loosen it up to 1/4 the bolt only, so i decided to retighten it again and it is too hard also i have to use my foot, luckily one bolt tightened but the other one has been stripped

This bolt stripped

I wonder what remedt can i do with this, its the first time that happened to me. I wonder if one bolt will handle considering this will be my track car. Im also thinking to put a nut on it but i cant have an access inside i guess i have to cut out the body to do this option.. Has anyone experienced this? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
jcrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2015, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Sorry for the third picture

This bolt stripped
Old 07-26-2015, 05:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Probably have to cjt a hole in the top and weld a new nut in place once you gotten the bolt out.

I never had that bolt strip out, but i had the inner lca bolt strip out. I had to cut a pocket and pop a nut in then use a wrench to hole the new nut while i tighten it all down.
Work and last

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks mate, thats what in my mind now.. I wonder if i have gotten away with this if i have used an air impact wrench.. Cause when i loosen it with a breaker bar i tend to misalign the bolt when twisting it with full force.. Just thinking how can i avoid this the next time
Old 07-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 jpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regularjpciii is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Yes, impact wrenches work better for this sort of thing.
jpciii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

I've never had those strip either, they're beefy bolts... Im not sure where youd even cut into to get to the other side
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 Iagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropes

Loosening wont strip a bolt, maybe the head but not the threads. Be careful reinstalling with an impact as that can strip a bolt very fast if it starts crooked. I'd bet some dirt got on the threads when you were putting the bolt back in.
Iagreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 09:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iagreen View Post
Loosening wont strip a bolt, maybe the head but not the threads. Be careful reinstalling with an impact as that can strip a bolt very fast if it starts crooked. I'd bet some dirt got on the threads when you were putting the bolt back in.
ohh really
Old 08-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
I never had that bolt strip out, but i had the inner lca bolt strip out. I had to cut a pocket and pop a nut in then use a wrench to hole the new nut while i tighten it all down.
Work and last

I've had to do the same thing for some front sway bar bracket bolts.
jryKC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryKC View Post
I've had to do the same thing for some front sway bar bracket bolts.
I also striped font sway bar bolt and and I upgrade all 4 to m10 x1.25 I believe.

and I also mentioned if you put a lot of oil on the area of where you planing to disassemble, week or more before it will help a lot. When I relapsed my rear drums to disk - on one side i got shock leak and all arms was in oil and all bolts on that side I loosened easy. On another side I brake like 3 bolts!

Last edited by Michael99; 08-25-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 11:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 satansbrother is learning the way of the Dsatansbrother is learning the way of the D

If a bolt has alot of corrosion on an open end and you try to back it out, there is a good chance you will pull the threads (strip the hole) but usually that only happens with softer materials
satansbrother is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in