Coilover Issue - Not the Common Problem - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA
Default Coilover Issue - Not the Common Problem

Two of my Ksports are blown, a front and a rear. Ksport has discontinued the 50mm shock body and is only selling a 52mm body which requires upgrading the spring perches and lower mounts. And since its a front and rear are blown the balance would be off so a whole new set up would be needed. I tried to find a used set as all Ksports Kontrol Pro Coilovers use the same two shock bodies(1 for fronts and 1 for rears) but people think these things are gold.

I was hoping since most of these things are massed produced and just have different labels put on them for different companies that if I bought a set that looks damn near the same and had a 50mm body I could just swap those out, well I was right but I bought a set that was different lol. Shocks with adjustable valving are 50mm x 2.5 and the nonadjustable are 50mm x 1.5, and I got nonadjustables

I said what the hell and just went about swapping the whole set up even thou the new coilovers aren't my color of choice(blue). These damn things are like 3 inches taller then my old Ksports:

Now the pic is deceiving as the shock fork mounts higher on the EMUSA's but I have put them at the lowest point they will go without messing with preload and they don't even get close to the Ksports which aren't even maxxed out!?

What opinions do you guys have on making them go lower? Tapping the lower mount more to allow the shock body to go lower? A 50mm x 1.5 tap is $100. Lower the spring perches and using extended top hats to help with the lose of shock travel? eBay top hats are about $70

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2015, 04:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 WrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatnessWrongWheelDrive is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Why not just get the 2 ksports rebuilt?
WrongWheelDrive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWheelDrive View Post
Why not just get the 2 ksports rebuilt?
Cost more to rebuild them($120 plus shipping/shock), plus then I'd have two brand new shocks catty corner from two that are probably @ 50k so I know those would just blow eventually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...

Old 07-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Buy Koni's, problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Fortune Autos are what im going to buy.... seem to have the least amount of issues...
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
Fortune Autos are what im going to buy.... seem to have the least amount of issues...
Oddly I found them when searching if the Ksports were in fact the same as other Taiwan coilovers

Quote:
Old 07-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 Iagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropesIagreen is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Man Bone even beat me to this one.
Iagreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 04:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
LTB
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 LTB is learning the way of the DLTB is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I would probably get all 4 rebuilt.

FVSCC.COM

CWSCC.COM

BEYONDREDLINE.COM
---------------------------------------
LTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in