Full-Race traction bar fitment? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Full-Race traction bar fitment?

Hey guys I finished up my front suspension today and went to install my Full-Race traction bar but to my surprise i have quiet a large gap between the "frame" rails and the bar itself. The gap is probably a 1/4 inch or larger. Am I suppose to re-use the tow hooks or something? I've tried to call the Tech support at full race but I just keep getting a voice mailbox.

Here's a picture of said gap.
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

it looks like if you put the tow hooks back in it would fit.

not sure what your supposed to do but sounds like that would work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

civicdxude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

Yeah unfortunately I don't have the tow hooks anymore so I can't try. I was hoping to find out for sure before I make a trip to the junkyard.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 19 civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!
civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!civicdxude is the fucking MAN!!!!

i did a little googling just at other images of people using the same bar and it doesnt look like they are using tow hooks.

so possible yours is the wrong size or for the wrong chassis?

if its less hassle to get the tow hooks then to return the bar id do that. you could also email the manufacturer and see if that it correct or not.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Do you have the large washers between the frame and the bar on the other side?

How To: Full race Traction Bars Install | ClubCivic.com - Your Online Civic Community

Was thinking wrong part for car too.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdxude View Post
i did a little googling just at other images of people using the same bar and it doesnt look like they are using tow hooks.

so possible yours is the wrong size or for the wrong chassis?

if its less hassle to get the tow hooks then to return the bar id do that. you could also email the manufacturer and see if that it correct or not.
Yeah I looked at pictures too and it didnt look like others were using the tow hooks. The paperwork that came with it said its for my car but who knows what was put into the box. I've already emailed them and called them twice today but no one is answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Do you have the large washers between the frame and the bar on the other side?

How To: Full race Traction Bars Install | ClubCivic.com - Your Online Civic Community

Was thinking wrong part for car too.
No I don't have any large washers like that dude is speaking of. My package came with a list of all the parts and bolts included and large washers are not on that list. It would really suck if the part is wrong or poorly made and has to go back since my car has been up on stands for about a month now.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Or you could find grade 8 bolts nuts and washers. Find washers that will fill the gap on each side evenly. I dont know how this part works enough to know if you are weakening it by using washers between it and the rail.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I ended up getting a hold of them today on the phone. They said it should fit snug and asked me to send pics. They asked if it was hit before, which it was but not hard, and I tried it on both of my other civics and its short on those too.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 theBEST is learning the way of the DtheBEST is learning the way of the D

Ouch, I also have the Full Race traction bar and it DOES NOT re-use the factory tow hooks. It should fit snug and re-use the oem bolts as well. The traction bar itself has provision as a tow hook as well as its incorporated with it already. So, you either have the wrong traction bar application, or your core support is bent :/
theBEST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

My core support is def not bent. I had no problem bolting up a new bumper support that bolts to the core support.

After talking with Full-race they told me to just force it on and allow the mounting tabs to bend a bit. I got it on, but certainly not happy with the fitment at all.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i would certainly get come sort of shim in there. that would be better then bending the tabs especially that far.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:59 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 LAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebodyLAMER is almost a somebody

Measure the gap;
Divide by 2;
Fab 2 plates (with the resulting thickness) that match the traction bar's openings;
Mount;
Have a beer;
Old 07-06-2015, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

That sounds shady as fuck man. Maybe someone with the same bar can measure theirs so you can compare?

My ESP bar, which also mounts in place of the factory tow hooks, was tight, actually had to work it into place with some force.

These things are made on jigs so theoretically, every one should be the same. Either they sold you the wrong bar, they made a mistake with this particular unit, or you have front end damage.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 07-06-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 Kevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to allKevin is a name known to all

Measure your bar tip to tip and Ill go measure mine.

you mention the car was in a wreck Id put my money on the frame rails being tweaked.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2015, 12:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Measure your bar tip to tip and Ill go measure mine.

you mention the car was in a wreck Id put my money on the frame rails being tweaked.
He also mentioned that he test fit it on other Civics he has access to that have not been in an accident and it fit the same way.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Ive been on the site for a long time looking but this will be my first post. Today when i went to install my full-race traction bar my del sol I had the same gap problems.
Here is the left and right side with bolts in and bar centered.

it wont let me post pics because im new on the site but the gap is the same size as the other pictures in this thread

My car has never been in a accident so that can be ruled out. I got in contact with full race and the customer service also told me that was normal and to just tighten it up. I fabricate stuff on my free time and bought this piece thinking it would be better than anything i could make. Common sense is telling me its not correctly made.
Anyone else with this bar having it fit snug? Am i completely wrong in my thinking and this is normal and the way it should be?
my bar from tab to tab measures 35 6/16 and the space in between the frame measures 35 15/16 give or take 1/16.
Dseries16z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

wont let you post pics because youre new? lol, find an outside hosting site
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Yes when i try to post links or pics it will not let me. It says my post count must be greater. But anyway the gap is the same as the pictures from above so the question remains.

From searching it looks like others fit snug. Hopefully i can return it.
Dseries16z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

nice. way to go d-so. implementing things that were spoken about in the mod threads.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

You guys nEED to put your foot down. You checked it on an accident free civic. there was still a gap.

The bar looses functionality to a point if the ears are bent outwards to make it work.

Clal them back and let them know ifs wrong and you want them to find a solution. you need to let them know you are not comfortable putting a CONSTANT stress on the entire front end by bending heavy gauge metal to work.

Eitehr make shims, or get a enw bar, or return for a refund and eat shipping cost.

Fullrace used to make amazing products. Hopefully they are not going the path of another warrior turned bitch-eemoto

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in