brake issues, non Honda - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default brake issues, non Honda

Sup gents?

Working on a Mazda Protege, 2002, wagon variety.

We did the front brake not long ago and had little to no issues.

Been driving on them for a couple months.

Found a rear driver was leaking so we did both rears today.

Adjusted the drag on the discs per youtube and manual.

With drag set ebrake lever went all the way up. We adjusted the lever screw and it got a bit tighter but still went well past the 7 notches it should max out on.

Re adjusted the drag with the adjustment screw on the rear of the calipers but still, too much lever.

We have bled the brakes twice, adjusted the drag on the calipers, when the car is off we get good pressure.

When we start it the pressure drops and we get a brake light on the dash.

Car is stuck at my house, and my homie kind of needs it. I want it gone and have been on it for about 7 hours.

Any one got any tips?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Alright one issue down, brake light is off.

Pedal feels mushy still, per owner, but car is braking more smoothly.

He is gunna drive it around for a day or two. If it doesn't clear up to the shop it goes....I feel defeated by brakes.....

Will update, please if any one can think of a time or has any tips.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Try driving in reverse fairly fast and slamming on the brakes 3-6 times, see if that helps any.

Does it have abs? If you get air bubbles in some abs modules they can be a bitch to get out.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok, update.

Filled the master cylinder to the brim. Mazda's are finicky about the master cylinders being completely full. It was full, but not to the tippy top. Filled it and we are fine.

This got rid of the brake light on the dash.

The mushy feel is the brakes working right for once. We took it for a drive, the brakes came on gradually instead of all of a sudden like before.

So it turns out I can work on things other then Honda's.

I might try going to bed now....I am trashed, cars fixed though.......

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Old 06-22-2015, 06:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
The mushy feel is the brakes working right for once.
I need to update my Toyota brake thread with this quote. Was use to the stuck caliper making my brake pedal have a "firm" feel to it.

Glad you got it all worked out though.

Now time for beer!

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

It is a trip how over thinking can get in the way of progress at times.

Was glad to get that car out of my garage, and got down to some serious drinking that night.

Quote:
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in