String Alignment Advice? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to colelmt
Default String Alignment Advice?

Basically considering aligning the 4dr with strings using HotRod Magazines instructions.

I'm sure some of you already do this. Any advice? Level surface....

Trying not to spend unnecessary dollars

Thanks in advance
colelmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Little bit of rice and paper plates, or other flat items, under your tires, so you can move the wheels easier.

Take pics and have patients and share the outcome. I use some redneck thinking to get my stuff dialed in as far as camber, toe and others I leave to some one else still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

I liked the vct tile and salt idea. more area and easier to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qFjAB67vk

cant find the one with salt, but same idea
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I go to remember this thread after the suspension is done on my car.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92CXyD View Post
I go to remember this thread after the suspension is done on my car.
Subscribe the thread and then whenever you want to find it just look at all your sub'd threads

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

I did mines long time ago and i got it right and the car drove great and tires like years.

that video is pretty good. the main thing to make sure is that your back is correct.
A good tape measure and some match and you can square it off easily.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 Y8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like BoratY8pwrdEf smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

If u have ever done alignments on an actual rack...u would never consider doing a DIY alignment, unless it's to get it down the street to a shop that does alignments. Just my 2 cents.

Y8pwrdEf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Note the front track and rear track are different. Thinking they are the same will result in toe-out and quick wearing front tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y8pwrdEf View Post
If u have ever done alignments on an actual rack...u would never consider doing a DIY alignment, unless it's to get it down the street to a shop that does alignments. Just my 2 cents.
Ive done both.
If you have your own rack then hell yea its 10 tomes better.
If you got cash to pay someone to do 9t on a rack yea.

But if your broke and you just replace some tie rods or a bushing. Then string it and it will be fine.

. RIP

Old 04-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 0 colelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's assholecolelmt is worse than Satan's asshole

I might get Firestone lifetime alignment for $179

Or, I think this might be a better investment of that amount of money.
Amazon Amazon

Any thoughts?

D16Z6

EJ255

Old 04-10-2015, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

plus these for the toe adjustment

D16Z6

EJ255

Old 04-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

toe plates and two tape measures, just have to be aware of any sidewall bulge where the tire hits the pavement, even with the angled lower....

LongAcre Toe Plates w/Tapes - SafeRacer

String method and a digital caliper + some trig will get you so very close it is not funny. Close enough suspension compliance has more effect.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
toe plates and two tape measures, just have to be aware of any sidewall bulge where the tire hits the pavement, even with the angled lower....

LongAcre Toe Plates w/Tapes - SafeRacer

String method and a digital caliper + some trig will get you so very close it is not funny. Close enough suspension compliance has more effect.
Thats not a bad price. Might buy if i ever get free money.

I had a summit mag that had a kit bit they wanted like $300.
It does do camber tho and it clips to the outisde of the rim for toe adjustment.

. RIP

Old 04-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Firestone only charged me $160 for lifetime allignment.. So that's where it is.. Guess I wimped out on the "cool" way..
Old 04-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by colelmt View Post
Firestone only charged me $160 for lifetime allignment.. So that's where it is.. Guess I wimped out on the "cool" way..
Make sure to get a before and after alignment sheet every time you go in. They love to "do alignments"...

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano

make the needed material to 6 8 10 off the front lower balljoints to the rear lca with plumbbobs one side at a time triple check.... If you can understand that then its just that easy
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2015, 06:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Thats not a bad price. Might buy if i ever get free money.

I had a summit mag that had a kit bit they wanted like $300.
It does do camber tho and it clips to the outisde of the rim for toe adjustment.
For camber you only need a roofers square, digital calipers, and math.

Level floor not needed, but smooth as possible with min. incline.

Also, phone app for that

Quote:
Old 04-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Ahh.. so glad my steering wheel is straight now.

I have been driving without an alignment for 2+ years after doing full Eibach Suspension Install.... It honestly handled pretty decently... just never wanted to spend the money.

D16Z6

EJ255

Old 04-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I also did wheel alignment like on the video, three years ago. But after first couple adjustments I pushed the car back and forth maybe two times during alignment to take the strain from wheels even more. It took little longer but I ended up with good results. I run the car 100 mph on good strait road and took the hands of the wheal and car vent strait perfectly ( don't think I'm crazy lol ) And later when I did rear bushings and rear disk brakes I was to lazy to do alignment again. So i vent to the sears and front corrections was very little not greater than 0.5 degree. The rear can't tell you because rear break conversion
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2015, 07:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 27 Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!Aquafina is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Aquafina

Works great if you use jigs that bolt to the bumpers (not the bumper covers). Otherwise, take it to an alignment shop.
Aquafina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in