CRX disc brake prop valve - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default CRX disc brake prop valve

What are people doing now as these things are wearing out?
I converted a few years ago using a 90-93 teg prop valve from the junkyard and it has given it up leaking pretty badly.
I believe the EF and DA valves are discontinued from the dealer, and honestly getting another 20-30 year old valve from the junkyard is NOT appealing to me...
has anyone found an aftermarket replacement or perhaps another oem part from a newer car that will work?
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

40/40 out of a 99si.....or any other prop from any other civic?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

They don't go bad that often, I wouldn't be afraid to use another used one.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
40/40 out of a 99si.....or any other prop from any other civic?
The lines will need to be bent as there different and so is the mounting,but will still work if you don't mind bending new line and fabbing up a braket.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 10 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all

I am trying to stick with stock configuration, do not own a proper tubing bender and flaring tools and do not really want to spend the money for them either.

When parts are 25+ years old they DO go bad, its a fact of age, especially with rubber/nitrile type seals that eventually dry out and fail, especially when you add in hundreds of thousands or even millions of pressure cycles.

Was really hoping someone had found something else that would work, or some sort of rebuild kit by now.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Never had a problem with any proportion valve on any Honda I've owned or a used one from the junkyard. Just get the 40/40 off the DA Integra.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

92-95 civic and 94-01 integra are all most the same,only thing different is the mounting braket.

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

In my 19 years owning Hondas I have seen plenty of junkyard parts fail that "everyone" says rarely fail. Even saw it in the for years I worked in a Honda/Acura only junkyard.

Right now it looks like a DC teg RS valve new fin the dealer is 170, or go to pull a part and get multiple used ones to have spares when these old parts WILL fail.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Even a new part WILL fail also. But for $170 I bet you could source about 10 valves used and never run out during the life of the car.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 03-20-2015, 07:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Even a new part WILL fail also. But for $170 I bet you could source about 10 valves used and never run out during the life of the car.
if you figure 25 years is a "normal" life span (seals still age even when not in use) then one new will last me til I am most likely dead.

Long term i will be saving for custom lines and a GM/Ford style valve that is rebuildable.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

turns out the little black rubber plug is gone on the valve, so it did not fail internally or through the seal.

i am probably going to try and tap it out and put a threaded plug in there.

I had a trip to the pull a part, and they had ZERO integras, no 4th gen civics, finalyl found a 1992 honda prelude with 4 wheel discs, no abs and pulled its proportioning valve. come to find out it uses the 2530 valve....looks like that is what is going in for now then...i think its the same valve that the car had with stock drums!
Old 03-31-2015, 04:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Wilwood combination proportion valve

WILWOOD-260-11179

when items like this can be purchased for well under $80 shipped, I wonder why anyone would ever choose a stock 40/40, or worse what the op just purchased a 25/30?
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 06:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

I think someone is selling one on here too

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 03-31-2015, 07:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by racejunke13 View Post
Wilwood combination proportion valve

WILWOOD-260-11179

when items like this can be purchased for well under $80 shipped, I wonder why anyone would ever choose a stock 40/40, or worse what the op just purchased a 25/30?
cost of running new metal braided lines will make that MUCH more expensive, and a lot of people are not comfortable with bending and flaring new lines (which can drive cost up especially if they have no experience and ruin lines in the process of bending them)..
Old 03-31-2015, 08:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
racejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcanoracejunke13 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
cost of running new metal braided lines will make that MUCH more expensive, and a lot of people are not comfortable with bending and flaring new lines (which can drive cost up especially if they have no experience and ruin lines in the process of bending them)..
the link provided is a bolt on I believe for 77 plus shipping all is needed is a flaring tool and intelligence. I have installed several on various Hondas as well as other makes though out the last few years
racejunke13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by racejunke13 View Post
the link provided is a bolt on I believe for 77 plus shipping all is needed is a flaring tool and intelligence. I have installed several on various Hondas as well as other makes though out the last few years
I would say about 75% or more people who do their own work are not capable of doing that work though. They are able to replace parts with complete parts. So figure they will go get that for $77, then add the $300-400 for the braided stainless line kits to make it easy to install.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

I will have to agree with this, if you don't have access to a flaring tool and bender while you are working on the car then the tools will run close to $200 for some decent ones.

But if you do have it all then I would do it all day!

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 03-31-2015, 12:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I take it the OP has not heard of ebay?

$40 gets you a decent mileage brake master with a 30 day warranty, or longer if the seller has any sort of faith in his parts

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2015, 01:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
I take it the OP has not heard of ebay?

$40 gets you a decent mileage brake master with a 30 day warranty, or longer if the seller has any sort of faith in his parts
That would be great if we were talking about master cylinders

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 03-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

no such thing as a "decent" mileage proportioning valve coming off of a 19-26 year old car lol even then the rubber plug that failed on mine is still likely to be dry rotted as well. On top of that I stopped doing business with eBay due to Paypal. I got on with Paypal almost as soon as they went to market and never had an issue until eBay bought them, then was constantly having holds placed on money, having them attempt to take money out of my account without my permission and in general act like a bunch of assholes.

I bought my eyeballed decent condition prop valve for $17 and I can take it back if it fails without having to pray to the gods of the interwebz that paypal, ebay or the ebay seller will give a fuck about me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in