00 civic si master cylinder - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 00 civic si master cylinder

So i recently did a rear disc swap on my 99 ex and come to find out my master cylinder(7/ is leaking giving me a soft pedal making me pump the brakes to firm it up. Im having trouble finding a 00 si master cylinder to order. every parts store around me is trying to sell me the same master cylinder. My question is were is a good place to order the 15/16 master cylinder from?

Last edited by dejavudogg; 03-18-2015 at 01:24 PM.
dejavudogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 khmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the community

Civic 98-00 EX has 15/16 master
ITR Calipers ,Rear Disc, EBC Blue Stuff Pads.
299.2WHP on a Greddy kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
khmoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2015, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

That explains alot same as the si.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

whats wrong with another 7/8's?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2015, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

(7/ dont know mines leaking so i cant say. seems like the upgrade is the thing you want when upgrading to rear disc in the back.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

"the 91 civic ex 4 door will bolt right in and give you a 15/16th plunger"

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...e-upgrade.html
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

You can also upgrade to a 1" from 98-00 Integras. Complete bolt on and the lines are in the same spots as your current one.
tabKola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

I also did a rear disc swap on same car like you have, and stock master doing job very well, make sure you replaced 40/40 proportional valve from civic 00 si, thats most important.
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2015, 11:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael99 View Post
I also did a rear disc swap on same car like you have, and stock master doing job very well, make sure you replaced 40/40 proportional valve from civic 00 si, thats most important.
not entirely, click the link I posted and give it a read.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

How is the thread for 92-95 civic relevant to his 99?

You cannot mix and match abs to non abs master cylinders.

tabKola is the one who got it right.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 07:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
"the 91 civic ex 4 door will bolt right in and give you a 15/16th plunger"

https://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...e-upgrade.html
Good luck finding one. Most of the time it'll say it's for an Si or EX, but you'll receive the DX or Std (smaller) part.

I have a 1" GSR master on my CRX, but I'll be dropping to a 13/16" when I remove the booster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
How is the thread for 92-95 civic relevant to his 99?

You cannot mix and match abs to non abs master cylinders.

tabKola is the one who got it right.
I have a DC w/ ABS master cylinder and booster on my CRX. All you have to do is change a fitting and move the line. NBD

Sorry for the potato pic...it was actually taken with a potato many years ago.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD

Last edited by LowFlyin'; 03-19-2015 at 07:16 AM.
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 08:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Yes but that is not a direct drop in replacement. Very little modification I know.

I prefer to swap out the master cylinder and booster together for the 15/16ths from any DA Integra/RS DC Integra due to how readily available they are.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2015, 08:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Find one you like on RockAuto and see if you can find it on Amazon or locally for cheaper.

Or even better find a Si or 98+ Integra RS at a junkyard Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in