New ASR brace for EK - question! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default New ASR brace for EK - question!

I searched the forum and couldn't find the information about it.
I saw the threads from many guys here, and all of them having ASR brace where LCA bolts are extended and holding the aluminum brace too.

Now if you go on the site, you see the brace with LCA holes enlarged. So now LCA bolt not holding the brace, And now they not including extended LCA bolts in their kit.

I have stock sway bar from integra 14mm not sure, not instated yet, I want try it first, but will definitely go with 22mm or 24mm in future

soon ill get good tax return and wanted to buy brace , but now i'm not sure if I will.

What you guys think about it? Maybe somebody have deal with new style?

and sorry for my English! - second language
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asr new.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	83233   Click image for larger version

Name:	asr.itr.011_th.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	83241  
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

The new style allows you to use the stock bolts on the car now. They moved the holes toward the front of the car, but they still connect to the brace.
tabKola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabKola View Post
The new style allows you to use the stock bolts on the car now. They moved the holes toward the front of the car, but they still connect to the brace.
the brace not flat its deep where the lca bolts going right? I understand that there is some offset.

thank you for replay

Old 03-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Could please somebody post a couple of pictures to see better of how it goes there
Old 03-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

don't get what youre asking for

6th Gen (6G) Honda Civic - ASR Subframe Brace & ITR 22MM Rear Sway Bar Install
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
don't get what youre asking for
Thank you slo_eg8 I think I got it now. But still don"t saw pictures of new style with big holes if you look from the side.

anyway I'll buy it because it can't be wrong, its ASR and I trust them. I was confused about new style but it should work properly I hope).
Old 03-06-2015, 05:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Buyer Warning! Fake ASR Subframe Braces on the Loose!
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

thank you slo_ej8
Old 03-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael99 View Post
thank you slo_eG8
I do not have an "ek"
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Although you are in a two door yes, there for not an EG....oh never mind.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2015, 09:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoshot View Post
Although you are in a two door yes, there for not an EG....oh never mind.
(Ek Hatch build thread) - today thread, yea funny guy said everybody call hatch - EK )))

Yes I have EK - two dour coupe 1999 EX you can see it on my avatar )

Last edited by Michael99; 03-06-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

I'll bye the brace soon and will post the pictures of it.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael99 View Post
(Ek Hatch build thread) - today thread, yea funny guy said everybody call hatch - EK )))

Yes I have EJ8 - two dour coupe 1999 EX you can see it on my avatar )
Fixed

EK coupes are as elusive as the EM hatch!
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Last edited by Esotericimage; 03-07-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2015, 09:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

yahoo Answers

Best Answer: ok ill try to simplify this for you:

EK is a "nickname" derived from the chassis code (vin number 4th 5th and 6th digits)

most people refer to 6th Generation 1996-2000 Honda Civic's as EK's even though they may be also EJ's or EM's. If you have a 96-00 Civic Dx its EJ6, 96-00 Civic HX its a EJ7, if you have a 96-00 Civic Ex its a EJ8, and if you have the 99-00 Civic Si you have a EM1 (look @ the vin numbers of these cars to see the chassis codes in the 4th 5th and 6th position of the vin)

2000 Ek coupe and 2000 ej8 coupe? same thing just another way of saying it.
can you still by the same parts for the ej8 when its listed under ek civic 2000 on almost every website? yes you can as long as its not specifically for a Si (EM1).

I read it long time ago and thats why I called it EK and I thought it was right )
Old 03-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

When the only Honda based magazine write an articles trying to tell all you new kids your doing it wrong doesn't mean it was published by mistake.

You can definitely tell who the noobs are when the first thing they learned is how to call a car by the wrong code. Its not a nickname but just the wrong name that new kids who havent learned the correct classification call it thinking theyre cool..

You can then tell just how little they know when they probably have no clue what an EK is without looking it up. Or looking up meanings on yahoo thinking yahoo has anything to do with Hondas.

No such thing as an EK coupe or EK sedan and the only EK hatches are RHD.

Have some pride in your ride and quit calling it something that its not.

I bet the camaro forums dont have people with a shitty RS calling it an SS..
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Last edited by Esotericimage; 03-07-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

you are newer too old to learn , live and learn!

Esotericimage - thank you for information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in