Car is lower after installing poly bushings - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2015, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 ThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Car is lower after installing poly bushings

I'm not saying the bushings lowered me. I have Koni Yellows with Sportline springs and I have a stinkbug stance (front lower than rear), but somehow my fronts are lower now and I'm scraping everywhere. The fronts were flush, but now they're slightly tucked.

I remember reading with the Koni Yellows instructions about compressing the shock and twisting the shock body for different ride heights. When I was changing the bushings for the shocks, I remember I did turn the shocks a bit. Does anyone remember those instructions sheets and could this be my problem??
-Blox short shifter
-Exedy Stage 1 clutch
-Koni Yellows/Megan Coilover sleeves
-DC2 rear swaybar/BWR bracing
-Energy Suspension poly bushings
-eGay front strut bar
-4th gen Prelude front seats
-Koyorad radiator
-AEM Short Ram/Blox V-stack
ThumperCivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Twisting the bodies on the yellows does nothing for ride height.

What snap ring location are you using for the lower perch?

Should be able to get the instructions off the KONI-NA website or I can ask Lee.

Also make sure the lower pinch bolt is in correct location. I have seen 92-00 that used 88-91 fronts, and that doesn't go well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 ThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the communityThumperCivic  is accepted as part of the community

My snap ring location is on the middle, I believe. The shocks were all bought together as for a 96-00 Civic. As I said, they were fine before... I double check the pinch bolt location and snap ring position though.
-Blox short shifter
-Exedy Stage 1 clutch
-Koni Yellows/Megan Coilover sleeves
-DC2 rear swaybar/BWR bracing
-Energy Suspension poly bushings
-eGay front strut bar
-4th gen Prelude front seats
-Koyorad radiator
-AEM Short Ram/Blox V-stack

Old 02-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Sorry, I meant the upper slot for the snap ring. Forgot that the fronts only have two slots.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

I wonder if you tightened them wrong on the first install resulting in the higher height?

Also see if the shock tops and washers are correct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
I wonder if you tightened them wrong on the first install resulting in the higher height?

Also see if the shock tops and washers are correct.

this is really, really easy to do. I did it with my front pass side and only discovered it when I was setting my ride height later with the wheels on
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Alright, I got it figured out. Man I feel stupid after this too haha. So on my driver side (which was lower than passenger side) I didn't tighten the pinch bolt, so it wasn't in the slotted part on the shock body. You can see in the pic that the bolt is sticking out a bit. The shock body is also sitting lower in its mount in the A-arm (i forget if that's what it's called, the thing where the pinch bolt into). But thank you transzex for your help, I really appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1424898944605.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	82521  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Someone on here had the lower shock body go past the pinch bolt and bottom out on the axle, how I knew about it.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Haha that makes me feel a little better, knowing that I'm not the only one.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Someone on here had the lower shock body go past the pinch bolt and bottom out on the axle, how I knew about it.
LOL

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in