Anyone know if any other Hondas run this layout? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
GTS
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Anyone know if any other Hondas run this layout?

Hello, I'm currently trying to find a honda that has the same or similar layout as this

Reason being is that I would like to lower my honda logo without buying bc racing for basically 800
im looking for changable parts like you can do on the EK to EF to make there coilovers fit by changing the forks
But to me this looks like a totally different layout so would be looking for a less popular honda of the same era as the logo, already checked hrv and they don't have a massive stock of coilovers
GTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

I think Spax do a set of lowering springs. Cobra, too.
This might be the way to go if you don't need to adjust the height once it's set.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Seems like you need to find custom dampers. I heard EFs have the "shortest dampers", and then go with a shorter spring. The less shock travel you have should lead to stiffer springs.

Find the shock body that fits your setup and you can get Koni to shorten up the system to work in your favor. At least you're spending money on dampers and springs which will be better in the long run.

Idk anything about the logos, so my guess is that normal shock bodies are too long? And that's why you're asking?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

ew a mcshitson strut
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....BiggieBert Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

looks like a mix between dc5 and dc2 suspension. hmmm

Quote:
you will get stuck in the "willfully ignorant" category and I will do what I can to see that you never get an answer to any question you ever ask on this forum again.

BiggieBert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

EP3 or in your case it would be a CTR or even DC5 ITR. All are going to be a macpherson strut as Shoebox said.
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Honda HR-V and Capa are related to the Logo. Capa is its platform sister and the HR-V is the cousin. Just like Civic and Integra are sisters and the CRV is there cousin.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
GTS
n00b

thanks for all the info, im trying to find some coilovers from japan at the moment as there logo is called "lachic"
i was thinking about doing koni and ground control but if i do that i might aswell buy the bc racing v1 coilovers
i've seen some photos of a logo lowered 40mm on springs but there is still a fair bit of gap

custom is the only way to go it sounds
thanks
GTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in