Pop while pressing and depressing gas pedal (VIDEO) - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 TMSP is learning the way of the DTMSP is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Pop while pressing and depressing gas pedal (VIDEO)

Ive been searching for what could be the problem only issue is, its hard to know if i have the same noise as another through a description. so i made a video.
Any suggestions of what i should be looking for will be helpful.
So I had the transmission replaced in the last 2 month due to bad ISB and this current trans ran fine. I recently replaced my front lca bushings w poly (not upper) about 2 weeks ago I have also replaced the motor less than a week ago.
thing is i cant remember if i had the sound before the bushing swap.
I finally will have a day off tomorrow so i can look under the car and visually inspect components. i just need guidance on what to check.

So. When i apply a certain amount of pressure to the gas pedal (light) i hear a thump. it happens when i press the gas and when i take it out at a certain pace. I believe to be on the passenger side. i cannot make the noise in neutral. it is most noticable to me when backing up on an incline (my driveway) i have checked LCA bushing and they are all tight. Rocked the passenger wheel to check for play in the wheel hub, it is tight. Motor mounts are solid, no engine movement.

Noise occurs at :29 :51 1:04 & 1:32
http://youtu.be/Ca0ATK-_uO8
TMSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I know there's a TSB for certain MY civics for an issue with the way the floor panel fits together with another body piece...causes a popping under certain conditions.

Anyone have the specifics? I know it's been covered here before..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
I know there's a TSB for certain MY civics for an issue with the way the floor panel fits together with another body piece...causes a popping under certain conditions.

Anyone have the specifics? I know it's been covered here before..
What is TSB?

Old 01-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

engine mounts?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 DDream smells like BoratDDream smells like BoratDDream smells like BoratDDream smells like BoratDDream smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

i agree with slo if you replaced your tranny and engine it sounds like a mount issue.
from my personal experience i had bolts rip out of rear tranny mount and it would shake so violently it would pop me out of gear...

the only other time i had similar issues was a broken radius rod on my crx but i would feel the car actually pull to one side or the other and the tire could be wiggled with little effort. good thing i fixed that quick

Stock internals
Ramhorn
Mystery Master power turbo(supposedly super 60)
Dsm 450 injectors
Walbro 255
10 psi
Intercooled!
Tuned on Crome

I always forget to say what setup i have so here it is
DDream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2015, 05:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Last time I checked my mounts were good but ill recheck them n make sure they're tight.
I'll research on how to check the radius rod n see if thats it
Any other suggestions would be helpful.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Idk guys. Checked all control arm bolts, checked for play in the wheel hubs, checked the fairly new axles, check steering components. Everything checks out good
Old 01-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

UCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 faildata will become famous soon enoughfaildata will become famous soon enoughfaildata will become famous soon enough

Having the same issue with my car, sounds like balljoint up and down movement but they seem tight. Hit my subframe bolts with a breaker bar and got some turns on most of them, and the noise seemed to stop. A week later it was back.
faildata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in