15x8 vs 15x9 w/ 225 Tire on EK - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Default 15x8 vs 15x9 w/ 225 Tire on EK

Hey I'm looking to get some 6ULs now. Probably black to help with brake dust.

I definitely want 225 tires, probably RS3s

96 Coupe
500F 450R Koni/GC
32mm RSB 0.125 Wall
~300WHP Turbo
CR Gears, Helical LSD
~2000 Pounds
(Road Race Shenanigans)

I see most people running 15x8s all around, a few with 9s in the front, and a few with 9s on all 4.
I hear benefits of tighter turn in and increased responsiveness with 9s on the front and am not worried about appearance.

Now I see with 9s you need spacers, which I'm OK with. I have ARP studs.

Are 9's worth the extra cost + spacers?

Any experience? For 225s, do you recommend the 8s, staggered, or full 9s?

Tires have always been severely limiting and I got one good shot at fixing that. Thanks for the help.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

9's seem to be the way to go, but I couldn't fit them on my CRX, so I went with the 8's.

8's are pretty much square, the 9's will have a slight (but beneficial) stretch. If you can fit the 9's, that's they direction I'd point you.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!

I have heard the EKs are more accepting of wider rims than the EF/CRX.

So you suggest Staggered 9s or Full 9s?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

If it were my car, I'd use a square setup with 9's. I don't like the idea of mechanically limiting the traction of the rear, but that's just me and my driving style.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

Every review that I have read says 8's are good... BUt on 9's they are the best!

A lot of those reviews point at the "soft" sidewall of the RS3's

I think once someone even mentioned that on 8's you can tell that the Rivals have better initial turn-in response.

If you can fit them, run it.

Of course this is all second hand research since I can't order mine yet. (All RS3 are out for a small time, tirerack said "summer" they will be in stock)

Where are you buying yours from?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

949 Racing.

This is about Rim Sizing for my set-up, just to clarify.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!
Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!Mr.Fodo is the fucking MAN!!!!

Lol good point. Well I was looking for tons of review's about best tires (in this catagory) and the consensus was any 225 benefits from a 9 in vs a 8 in.

|

#

!
Quote:
Start there, if you still cant figure it out, you are not going to.
How
to act on this forum...
Mr.Fodo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in