Leaking power steering rack - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 d fabulous is learning the way of the Dd fabulous is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Leaking power steering rack

the boots on my power steering rack have fluid in them. Do I have to get a new rack or can I buy a gasket kit and rebuild it?

Thanks

D
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
d fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Gates Racing 348473 Gates Power Steering Repair Kit. Autoplicity.com | Discount Performance and OEM Auto Parts, 100% In Stock

I think that would do ya up. Its a bit of work but a lot cheaper then a new unit.

Pretty sure new or refurb are in the $150-200 range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

gearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcanogearhead98 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Rack replacement is much easier, but if you got the time and patience the seal kit is the much cheaper way to go. Rockauto has the racks ranging from 135+core up
06 CGP TSX - 6 speed DD
gearhead98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

It's better to re-kit. At least you know it will last longer. You may buy one that my leak soon.
jamspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in