can you adjust crx rear subframe forward or back ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default can you adjust crx rear subframe forward or back ?

i saw some other posts on other forums with people saying on crx or civics that the rear subframes have some adjustment to them, if you loosen the mounting bolts, that you can move the subframe forward or backward a little bit.

i just wanted to see if anyone can confirm that for me that you can for sure ?

reason i was wondering is cause i was reading around after doing a search on people with front wheels that were far back in their wheel wells, and i saw a couple people say they were able to fix it by simply loosening the subframe and shifting it forward and then tightening the bolts back up, and that it moves the wheels forward when doing that, and does'nt affect anything while doing it,

so it made me think that might be something i can try?, cause my front wheels are also pushed back far within the wheel wells, and i put in a new (good used) rear subframe on my car in 2007 after mine was bent where the control arm attached after hitting a curb, and one thing i just realised is that i was'nt aware that the subframe had some adjustability in it where the mounting bolts bolted up through the holes?, so i might of just tightened the subframe down with it shifted back all the way, and maybe the way it supposed to be positioned is shifted forward instead ?

that could be one way to explain my wheels being positioned back far, cause i should of looked at how my old subframe was positioned where the bolts and holes were on it to see where it was exactly and made marks or something and put the new subframe positioned in the same place.

after looking at the parts diagram of the subframe, it looked like a rear motor mount bolts down to the subframe, so i think you would need to unbolt that in order to move the subframe first?, but also the radius rods connect to the lower control arms from the front crossmember, and not sure if you would also need to disconnect the radius rods first in order to move the subframe forward too ?

any info about it would be appreciated, thanks
jon90ZC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

it won't move then enough to make a huge difference.

You have bent LCA's...but without pics....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

your saying if you have bent LCA's, if they are bent backwards from hitting a curb or something, the further they are bent back, that the further it would make your wheel so its back in the wheelwell ? i mean do the LCA's have to do with where the wheel is positioned within the wheel well ? and if the LCA is bent forward or backward, the wheel would be farther either forward or backward as well ?

only reason i was kind of denying my LCA's were the reason was cause i just know they were'nt bent a lot, cause they look good and straight, but the mechanic just said they were bent, but i have a feeling they are just slightly bent, but did'nt seem enough to where it would make the wheels back like that?, from what i recall, i think the wheels were still back in the wheel wells after getting 2 new LCA's in 2012, but i wish i had a pic from then to compare with how it is now, to see.

is it hard to determine if an LCA is bent yourself ? is there a certain way to check ? like hold a straight edge up to the straight part of it or something ? if i were to get new ones, i would feel better knowing for sure , instead of just going by what the mechanic told me, cause might be getting new ones for nothing and mine might of been fine? or mine might of just been barely, slightly bent at all, but not enough to affect anything how the suspension is?

so do you have any idea around how much you can move the subframe forward about?,

like are you talking just 1/4" or less ? or more ?

Old 11-16-2014, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

i noticed it says "mistabone" at the bottom of your signature, are you mistabone? or is that your old username or just a different username of yours?, cause i remember you, and have seen your name around for a while, and i remember you helped me out in the past on some posts i had, thats cool
Old 11-16-2014, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

this post talks about same thing as my problem, guy had wheels back in well, also wondering about bent LCA's, etc. ..., has a lot of people saying you can adjust subframe where it does make a difference, and also talks of other stuff . . .

Wheel pushed back towards fender//Too much Caster? - Honda-Tech
Old 11-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Only one of me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Post pics of the LCAs from underneath them, focusing on the area between the radius rod mount and the rear subframe mounting point

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

i will, cause i was going to raise it up on jackstands just to look at them myself cause i was curious how bent the mechanic said they were,

usually i work on my car in the carport for my apartment, but now a neighbor moved in the empty unit, and the spot i was using was meant for that unit, so now i got to go back to parking along the curb on the street, cause the carport spot is for that unit, i just use it when its empty, until someone moves in, but sucks working along the street with cars going by and stuff and its uneven and no light, so usually i just go to a carwash stall which is close by and work on stuff there, cause its 24 hrs, bright light and you don't have to worry about making noise or bothering neighbors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in