Del Sol & Civic Strut Parts Compatiblity - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Suspension Corner

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Del Sol & Civic Strut Parts Compatiblity

I can't seem to find the answer any where. Will the Civic struts work on a 97 Del Sol? I noticed a $100 price difference on the same brand of 3 point upper front strut. Del Sol parts are usually more expensive than Civic parts. Will all the struts work from the civic. And what years and submodels should I be looking for? Thank you for your time.
thursdaystoast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

You need to search a better place. I found the answer on Autozone's web site. It looks like most of the 92-95 civic shocks and struts will fit, but not all the civics from the same year as your sol will. Search on and see what you can find.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Civic del Sol....nope

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 06:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Whoshot, thank you for your response. Its much appreciated. I will try that.

Transzex, yes I an obviously aware that the del sol is a 5th gen civic. I am more wondering what civic chassis is technically sits on. And if the strut mounts even line up without having to raisr the vehicle at an odd angle to get it on.
thursdaystoast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 spAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like BoratspAdam smells like Borat

It's on the 5th gen chassis, so everything will move over from a 92-95 (or 94-01 Integra too)

Are you looking for new shocks or a tower bar? Your comment (3 point upper strut) leads me to think the latter.
spAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in